Arc'teryx Alpha SL Jacket Men
The Arc’teryx Alpha SL Jacket Men is an extremely packable GORE-TEX® hardshell designed for lightweight and reliable weather protection. The Arc'teryx Alpha SL Jacket is for climbers, alpinists, and mountaineers in need of reliable emergency weather protection in changeable conditions, and for those who need the best functionality at the lowest volume.
The Arc’teryx Alpha SL Jacket Men features GORE-TEX® N40r with PacLite® Technology. Still durably waterproof, windproof, and breathable, PacLite® fabrics use a thinner construction to reduce weight and maximise packability. The result is a hardwearing waterproof that can easily be stuffed into backpacks as a lightweight waterproof or just as a backup in unexpected storms. A Durable Water Repellent finish adds water and dirt repellency for an extra layer of protection, and the e3D patterning with micro seam tape sheds grams and improves mobility. Not overlooking essential features, the jacket includes a Stormhood™ that is helmet-compatible and designed for full protection and freedom of movement, as well as the Harness HemLock™ Insert for full compatibility with a climbing harness.
Combining function, practicality, and lightweight is essential in a jacket that needs to be able to fit into the smallest of spaces. The packability and high-performance Alpha SL Jacket means you won't have to resort to leaving jackets behind, so you can always have waterproof protection should you need it.
|FIT||Trim, e3D Patterning, Hip Length|
|MATERIAL(S)||N40r GORE-TEX® fabric with PacLite® product technology|
GORE-TEX® PacLite® Technology
Durably waterproof, windproof, and breathable, PacLite® products are of an extremely lightweight, packable, and minimal construction, designed for any activity that requires space and weight saving in a jacket that can be compactly stuffed into bags and backpacks. To achieve this level of compressibility, a 2-layer fabric is used, and the outer shell of the material is covered by a protective layer made of an oleophobic (oil hating) substance and carbon that makes the jacket much more pliable. Special GORE-SEAM® tape technology also ensures that all seams are 100% waterproof.
Designed to provide the ultimate protection in cold or wet weather. Accommodates a helmet, and can be easily adjusted with one hand with the cinch cord at the rear of the hood. Drawcords are located on the inside of the hoop to prevent wind flap in heavy winds. Laminated brim and high collar deliver full coverage without restricting movement or visibility when moving the head in any direction.
Harness HemLock™ Insert
The Arc'teryx Harness HemLock™ insert is designed to keep your jacket from riding up when wearing a climbing harness. The foam insert can be removed when not needed.
Arc’teryx Fit Guide e3D: Trim Fit
An additional level of articulation to provide enhanced range-of-motion. Patterned with lower volume for reduced bulk.
Full Features List
• Extremely packable and lightweight for just-in-case emergencies
• DWR Finish adds water and dirt repellency
• Includes essential climbing features
• Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
• Tiny GORE® seam tape
• Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
• Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
• Articulated elbows
• e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
• No-lift gusseted underarms
• Trim fit for enhanced breathability
• Helmet compatible StormHood™
• One-hand cinch drawcords
• Laminated chin guard
Zippers, Fly, and Cuff Configuration
• WaterTight™ external zippers
• Micro corded zipper pulls
• Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
• Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
• Drop back hem
• Adjustable hem drawcord
• Two-piece harness Hemlock™ inserts fold betted and keep jacket in position under harness
• Chest pocket with WaterTight™ zip
• WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. Not recommended keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
• Includes stuff sack with webbing loop to clip to a harness
• Outdoor Gear Lab Top Pick
• Escape Magazine Award (France)