Beta Stick BetaStick Evo
The new and improved BetaStick Evo, featuring a more durable design and three new models: Ultra-Compact and Super Standard. If you're not familiar with the BetaStick, it's used for sport climbing where it allows you to clip quickdraws into bolts from the ground, or, with the harness attachment, on the wall. This is especially useful for routes with a high first bolt where there is a chance of falling off. It also features an integral hooking feature for rope retrieval. Go for the short version if it's for travelling, the mid version if it's for day-to-day use, or the longest version if you want to clip as many bolts as possible from the ground when returning to a project.
The Ultra Long BetaStick Evo can be found here: https://shop.epictv.com/en/climbing-accessories/beta-stick/beta-stick-ev...
|ULTRA COMPACT||55 - 238cm|
|SUPER STANDARD||74 - 374cm|
• Ultra Compact - the ultimate travel clip stick
• Super Standard - the new standard in BetaStick; more compact with more reach
• Capacity for lasso clipping and quickdraw removal
• Integral hooking feature for rope retrieval
• New pole design to prevent spinning with secure locking mechanisms and a stiffer, more durable build quality
• A dual position spring to securely retain karabiners, optimise gate opening and release smoothly
• Compatible with a wide range of snap gate karabiners – both solid and wire gate
• An ergonomically angled head to easily access bolt hangers in difficult clipping situations
• Clips to harness for ‘bolt-to-bolting
14 product reviews
First, I ordered from Canada, and the EpicTV shop had this in my hands in 52 hours from placing the order. I'm still sort of shocked at how fast it arrived. But hey - the miracle of a globally interconnected economy...
As for the product, the clip is easy and fast to use. It is only slightly unstable at full extension, but that's the nature of clipping at a long distance. I like how compact it is, so it's not in the way.
One of the best pre-clip rods to use when climbing on rocks. The shape of the tip and the stability of the rod are just wonderful and the best than other products. I also recommend it to my friends.
Would be pretty decent clip-stick for projects or travel if it wasn't so flimsy! after a season of use one of the locks broke and no longer keeps the stick contracted when climbing, or extended when clipping. I would not advice the purchase. Also removing a clipped Draw is a nightmare.
I had looked at quite a lot of these before settling on the Beta Stick. Its very simple to use, surprisingly sturdy when extended and very easy to shorten again. I wouldn't be without one now and would highly recommend it.
This is a very comfortable gear. I often see handmade gear, but the comfort of this gear is excellent.
You can safely challenge the route you are aiming for. Me too.
One drawback is that it's a little heavy, but it's inevitable when considering strength and length.