Petzl Contact - 9.8mm
The Petzl Contact is a lightweight (60g/m) and highly versatile 9.8mm sport climbing rope. The Petzl Contact 9.8mm has a surprisingly low impact force rating, meaning it can deal with softer catches as well as the potential to handle big whippers up to seven times. Petzl's EverFlex treatment provides an enhanced grid and handling for many seasons. The Ultrasonic finish on the rope helps to prevent it from fraying, increasing its durability. A superb choice for those climbers wishing to progress their climbing.
|WEIGHT PER METER||60g|
|NUMBER OF FACTOR 1,77 FALLS||7|
|DYNAMIC ELONGATION||35 %|
|STATIC ELONGATION||9 %|
|IMPACT FORCE||8,4 kN|
|SHEATH PERCENTAGE||41 %|
The Petzl Contact 9.8 mm climbing rope has a core and the sheath that have been bonded together at the rope ends by an ultrasonic process called UltraSonic Finish. Such a treatment helps to give increased durability to the rope, as well as helping the rope to avoid getting any dreaded frayed ends.
The Petzl Contact 9.8mm climbing rope has been created by using a special thermal treatment which stabilizes the core strands and helps to improve the consistency of the rope. By using EverFlex treatment, the rope has improved consistency, good grip and more consistent handling over time.
• Flexible rope makes it easier to give slack with belay devices
• EverFlex treatment: specific thermal treatment stabilizes core strands and improves consistency. It provides excellent grip and consistent handling over time
• ClimbReady Coil: special coil makes the rope ready to use. It helps the user avoid initial uncoiling mistakes, and increases longevity
• Excellent balance of weight, diameter, and grip
• 40-carrier grip for better control
• Middle Mark: indicates the middle of the rope, to facilitate manoeuvres
• Thick sheath provides excellent abrasion resistance
• UltraSonic Finish: the core and sheath are bonded together at the rope ends by an ultrasonic process. It provides greater durability and prevents frayed ends
13 product reviews
You can feel it so smooth at the hand, it makes you wanna clip! I 'm very happy with this choice.
Been using it for a few months now. It feels great on the hand, flows through grigri like a butter. Handling is good, and I had a few good falls on it, looks perfect. Bit on the more expensive side, but when you get it, you see and feel what you spent the extra money on.
This is the second time i bought this rope due to it being so excellent to handle, and it surviving years of torture and grind against the jagged limestone of Ontario, Granite of Squamish and California, Sandstone of West Virginia and Kentucky! And chances are i will by a third one eventually, once this one is retired!
Great rope for indoor and outdoor lead climbing. Got it as my first rope and happy that it was easy to unravel and use.
The rope has great characteristics, I could not wish for more. The delivery was super fast, too!