Petzl Contact - 9.8mm
The Petzl Contact is a lightweight (60g/m) highly versatile 9.8mm sport climbing rope. The Petzl Contact has a surprisingly low impact force rating, meaning it can deal with softer catches as well as the potential to handle big whippers up to seven times. Petzl EverFlex treatment provides an enhanced grid and handling for many seasons. The Ultrasonic finish on the rope helps to prevent it from fraying, increasing its durability. A superb choice for those climbers wishing to get further with their climbing.
|WEIGHT PER METER||60g|
|NUMBER OF FACTOR 1,77 FALLS||7|
|DYNAMIC ELONGATION||35 %|
|IMPACT FORCE||8,4 kN|
The Petzl Contact 9.8 mm climbing rope has a core and the sheath that have been bonded together at the rope ends by an ultrasonic process called UltraSonic Finish. Such a treatment helps to give increased durability to the rope, as well as helping the rope to avoid getting any dreaded frayed ends.
Petzl Contact 9.8mm Key Features
Versatile rope for climbers looking to progress:
- balance between weight, durability and handling of the rope
- diameter offers maximum versatility and an introduction to thinner ropes
Greater longevity and ease of use:
- UltraSonic Finish: the core and the sheath are bonded together at the rope ends by an ultrasonic process called UltraSonic Finish; gives greater durability and avoids frayed ends
- ClimbReady coil: specific coil makes the rope ready for use; helps the user avoid initial uncoiling mistakes and increases longevity
More effective belaying:
- diameter facilitates belay device usage
- Middle Mark: indicates the middle of the rope to facilitate maneuvers
- EverFlex treatment: special thermal treatment stabilizes the core strands and improves consistency; offers excellent grip and consistent handling over time
The Petzl Contact 9.8mm climbing rope has been created by using a special thermal treatment which stabilizes the core strands and helps to improve the consistency of the rope. By using EverFlex treatment, the rope has improved consistency, good grip and more consistent handling over time.
7 product reviews
Very dinamyc! And very soft.
Used it only a few times but it works very smooth with gri gri and does not twist when belaying with it like some other ropes I tried.
Super fast delivery and the rope works great!!! Can't wait to use it more!!!
Probably one of the best ropes to start sport climbing. It runs through gri gri so smoothly and you can handle it very easily to pass it through sets.
Only used it for few times, but it seems good