$1.53 worth of credit back
The Petzl Kab is a large volume rope bag with an integrated bandolier for a messenger bag style carry of ropes up to 110m. The KAB rope bag has an integrated trapezoidal tarp that provides a clean, 140 cm long place for the rope, while protecting it from dirt, leaves, gravel... Worn bandolier style, it has great stability thanks to its concealable belt. The pockets and equipment loops inside the bag make it very practical.
|MATERIAL(S)||polyester fabric and straps, aluminium buckles|
Full Features List
• Large volume rope bag for carrying a rope of up to 110 meters plus climbing gear
• Practical and easy to use:
• stays upright when rope is being used
• trapezoidal protective tarp is integrated into the bag, providing a clean area of 140 x 140 x 50 cm for the rope
• handles on two corners of the tarp for storing the rope in the bag
• equipment loops and pocket for keys located inside the bag
• pocket for a topo map easily accessible on the flap
• opens and fastens with adjustable aluminium buckles
• adjustable bandolier with belt for a more stable and comfortable carry when moving around
• handles for carrying the bag by hand
3 product reviews
I use mine for my 60m indoor rope and it’s just big enough. I like the built in tarp and rope anchor points as well as the loops inside to mount your quick draws etc.
There is also a small inside zip up pocket and a zip pocket in the lid.
Bag can also be used in an open ‘bucket position’ with handy carry handles at the top edges.
Only negative is that I with the bag had a hand carry handle on the lid to complement the shoulder strap when handling the bag when closed.
I recently bought this bag. What I love the most about this bag is that you can use it standing up as a rope bucket, and the 2 gear slings at the inside. The small carry-handles are also very easy to move your rope from one route to another. The KAB has a pretty big opening, so it is easy to catch the falling rope in it, what makes it really easy to pack. Small pocket at the inside, and bigger zipped pocket at the outside are nice features as well.
Although it could be a tad bigger. I have a 80m rope, 12 quickraws, harness, chalkbag, some biners, PAS and climbing shoes and it is a really close fit. If it is loaded to max. capacity, it makes the bag uncomfortable to carry. So in fact you would need a second bag for your other stuff, especially if you are also taking a water bottle, and some snacks for ex.
Love the bag, bought it for my indoor gym rope. Ended up buying another one for my outdoor rope because I thought it was great.
Good size, perfect with the extra pockets, good size tarp.
Could maybe have a little bit of a better comfort for carrying it.
Although, when I was looking for a second rope bag nothing in the same price category could match this bag.