DMM Alpha Trad Quickdraw 6 Pack
The DMM Alpha Trad Quickdraw 6 Pack contains six of DMM's high-spec quickdraws for trad, alpine, and winter climbing. With all the bells and whistles, the DMM Alpha Trad Quickdraw 6 Pack caters for climbers after the best performance possible. Key features include a secondary forging process that creates a recess in the carabiner nose—resulting in a snag-free nose like a solid gate but with the reliability and low weight of a wire gate necessary for trad, alpine, and winter climbing.
|WEIGHT||474g / 486g|
|GATE OPENING||25 mm|
|MAJOR AXIS STRENGTH||24kN|
|MINOR AXIS STRENGTH||7kN|
|OPEN GATE STRENGTH||9kN|
• All-round range are mounted on 11mm Dynatec to give quickdraws that can be used for trad or winter climbing. Full sized carabiners are easy to handle when pumped or wearing gloves, while 11mm Dynatec is lightweight and robust.
• The Alpha's shape fits naturally in the hand, and combines with its large gate opening to make the carabiner very easy to clip. Grooves on the back bar increase grip for confident handling.
• Wire gates are the lightest gate type available, and are appropriate for trad, alpine and winter climbing, where minimal weight is desirable. They are less likely to freeze and clog with ice than solid gate biners, making them ideal for winter and alpine climbing.
• A secondary forging process creates a recess in the carabiner nose that houses the gate notch. This creates a smooth inner profile that prevents snagging on gear, ropes and slings. It also means the nose of the carabiner is wider than the gate, guarding against accidental gate opening caused by rubbing on rock.
• -Beam construction techniques allow carabiners to be lighter without compromising strength. This is achieved through hot forging, a process which allows metal to be made into complex shapes that improve functionality.
• Dynatec is strong and light, allowing thin and flexible slings to be used to connect carabiners. An 11mm diameter sling strikes a balance between minimal weight and durability, creating lightweight quickdraws that can withstand repeated use.