The Petzl Croll is a durable, useful and efficient chest clamp for use during rescue situations and during rope access. The Petzl Croll is compact in size and has very minimal weight at only 85g. The ascender is reinforced with stainless steel to make it last again corrosion, and the stainless steel wear plate also reinforces the rope friction zone. It is compatible with ropes measuring 8 to 11 mm in diameter.
The toothed cam is designed for efficiency with self cleaning slots to allow for seamless rope use during muddy, snowy or generally bleaker weather conditions
Designed for rope ascents, the CROLL L chest ascender is simple to use. The attachment holes ensure efficient positioning during ascents. Thanks to the wide rope groove, it adapts perfectly to wide diameter, swollen or rigid, ropes while limiting friction. It is compatible with ropes measuring 8 to 13 mm in diameter.
Petzl Croll Key Features
- Used with a BASIC ascender or with an ASCENSION handled ascender for rope ascents
- Toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions (frozen or muddy ropes...)
- Stainless steel cam has better resistance to corrosion
- Stainless steel wear plate for improved durability
- Catch is opened by pinching for simple, quick manipulation
- Lower hole angled to keep the CROLL chest ascender flat
- Upper hole for attaching a TORSE shoulder strap to keep the rope clamp in position