The Petzl Ascension is a comfortable and easy to use handled rope clamp, for use during rope ascents. The Petzl Ascension is particularly intuitive to use thanks to the overmolded grip and ergonomic upper part of the handle, to sit comfortably in the hand and to create a powerful pulling motion when used with one or two hands. The Ascension is designed with a generous lower hole to enable the easy attachment of two carabiners for a lanyard and footloop, and the toothed cam has a self cleaning slot to enable for seamless rope use whatever the weather condition. We have them in both left and right handed variations - for whatever your preference.
|MATERIALS||Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Plastic, Rubber, Nylon|
|ROPE COMPATIBILITY||8 to 13mm|
|CERTIFICATION(S)||CE EN 567, UIAA|
Petzl Ascension Key Features
Designed for ascending a rope
Simple to use, and effective:
- ergonomic molded handle allows a comfortable yet powerful grip
- wide opening allows the handle to be easily grasped, even with thick gloves.
- ergonomic upper part to maximize power when pulling with two hands
- safety catch is totally integrated into the body of the ascender to help prevent snagging
- toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions (frozen or dirty ropes...)
- wide lower hole allows the carabiners of the CONNECT ADJUST lanyard and FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD footloop to be easily attached
- upper hole for clipping a carabiner around the rope
Available in left-handed and right-handed versions
3 product reviews
I wanted to buy an ascender with handle and having great experience some other Petzl ascenders as well the choice was clear. My first impression was that it was really light for its size. I like the clamping mechanism and it can be easily used even with the thicker gloves during the winter. Handle is also nice and it is quite ergonomic in hand. Like my other Petzl ascenders this one also glides easily up the rope and it bites it in its locking position, quite smooth action. Last, but not the least, wide bottom hole is a nice addition when I need to clip two carabiners at the same time and it is a quite neat little feature.
Very lightweight, maneuverable and durable, maybe the best ascender on the market.
this a very good ascender in handled with a very durable mechanism. if you use it with a pulley in a oval carabiner makes your ascend a lot easier. Very ergonomic grip which brings it in top of the list.