Black Diamond Speed 40 Backpack
The Black Diamond Speed 40 Backpack is a 40-litre backpack built for, you guessed it, speed: lightweight, technical, and streamlined for alpine-style ascents on rock, snow, or ice. Black Diamond boast that the Speed 40 Backpack has been proven everywhere from the Canadian Rockies to the Fitz Roy massif because of its essentialist design: the lightweight, frameless, top-loading design and 22-liter capacity accommodate a small rack, layers and food, while micro ice-tool PickPockets™, crampon attachments and tuck-away rope strap secure your equipment and cord on the approach.
|SIZE||[S/M] 38 L / [M/L] 40 L|
|WEIGHT||[S/M] 1.14 kg / [M/L] 1.24 kg|
|MATERIALS||BD “X-rip” 210d Nylon body fabric with UTS™ coating|
• New BD “X-rip” 210d Nylon body fabric with UTS™ coating
• Welded front abrasion patch for improved protection against rock, ice and crampon spikes.
• New custom metal dogbone ice tool attachment with micro ice-tool PickPockets™ and removable 20 mm crampon straps
• Top-loading, with removable lid, drawcord skirt closure and tuck-away rope strap
• Strippable design: removable frame sheet / bivy pad and removable hipbelt with fixed webbing belt
• Redesigned Shoulder Strap harness for improved comfort and durability
• Moisture-wicking redesigned back-panel
• Raincover available separately
1 product review
This pack is truly amazing and there are not many things i would change about it. I have used this pack hiking vallee blanche and climbing on the cosmique arete and the malory porter. It is really comofrtable and light even with high load.
The only thing i was dissapointed about is that there is no FIXED way on ataching your crampons to the outside of the pack. Instead there are straps with the pack that are put trough the loops. Now this can be an convienience and an annoyance.
All in all good pack! Sorry english is not my first language!