$13.22 worth of credit back
Arc'teryx Alpha SK 32 Backpack
The result of skiers and snowboarders 'hacking' the design of one of Arc'teryx's backpacks designed for alpine climbing, the Arc'teryx Alpha SK 32 Backpack takes the design and performance of the Alpha FL and adds ski and snowboard carry options, snow tool compartments, and a helmet storage compartment. The design is minimalist and functional, but it still leaves room for a large internal volume, a comfortable back panel, and dedicated areas to pack and separate all of your gear.
|MATERIAL(S)||N400r-AC² nylon 6 ripstop|
• A-frame or diagonal ski carry options depending on preference. Snowboards carry vertically
• Alpha SK Straps are easy-to-use, even whilst wearing gloves
• Helmet-compatible lid stashes skins, ropes, and other bulky items to keep them instantly accessible
• Hard wearing, weatherproof, and lightweight AC2 material
• Padded back panel and internally laminated HD80 foam frame sheet provide a lightweight, comfortable carry
• Water-resistant front pocket protects probes, shovel, skins, and snow assessment tools protects the main compartment from moisture
• Side zipper access makes it easy to reach gear and clothing without unloading or removing the pack
Ripstop fabrics are made by weaving a nylon thread in interlocking, square patterns through a base material. (You can spot its distinguishable appearance in fabrics with a raised box or diamond pattern.) As a result, rips and tears, unable to bypass this nylon barrier, are confined to one very small area and will not spread throughout the fabric.
1 product review
Excellent service by Epic TV!!! I live in Colorado and they had my package delivered in one week. That’s fast from France! Especially during the holiday season. Top notch service Epic! This bag is a minimalist’s dream. I added a webbing to the pack to carry my helmet. If they make this pack in a 45L, I’d buy that one too. The durability of this bag is the sell for me. It can take a beating and keep on trucking. If you want to carry an ice axe and want a minimalist type of bag, I recommend Black Diamond’s Cirque 45L or Patagonia’s Decessionist. Arcteryx pays attention to detail and isn’t made in China, which is where Black Diamond produces all their gear now, which is somewhat disappointing. Regardless, Arcteryx nailed this bag, minus the non ice axe carry.