Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
The simplified handling of the LIM'ICE screw sharpener makes drill sharpening faster and easier. The two sharpening guides optimise precision sharpening on both sides of the drill teeth.
|WEIGHT||Polypropylene with hemp, steel file|
• Easy handling of the device makes for quick and easy sharpening
• Two sharpening guides allow precise sharpening of both sides of the drill teeth
• Standard sharpening guides allow sharpening of most ice screws
• High-quality file is reversible for extended life
1 product review
I bought the lim'ice because it looked like an "idiot-proof" option to sharpen ice screws and I read in several places that it was able to sharpen non-petzl ice screws even if it would take more work as to re-shape them and if they were very dull.
Well, both expectations did not confirm so far.
1) The instructions are unclear, it reads as if you should file the points in both directions while files in general should be used on a single direction. Also you are supposed to do a bit of a turn when placing the teeth of the screw into the spot for sharpening, but that doesnt always go, so Im often a bit unsure if the screw is well placed or not.
2) I've been trying to sharpen a damaged teeth of a grievel screw, but Im very unsure if that is working. When looking at the teeth, I cant really notice if the file has started to reshape it or not...
It would be extremely helpful if Petzl did a detailed video on the caveats of using the tool, because the instructions and what is available online it is not sufficient (at least not for all of us).