Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
Petzl Nomic New
The Petzl Nomic axe is a climbing tool with exceptional versatility and durability on both rock and ice. The handle of the Petzl Nomic has been ergonomically designed for secure grip which can be adjusted to enable multiple grip possibilities. With a severe looking head, the pick can deeply penetrate the ice to secure the climber on the route, and yet can be pulled out easily for swift movement. The Nomic has a modular designed head with two removable pick weights to help with balance, as well as allowing for a superb swing action during use. A precise tool which follows through with every movement for great performance.
|MATERIAL(S)||Aluminium, steel, glass fibre reinforced plastic|
Petzl Nomic Key Features
• Ergonomic over-moulded handle offers multiple grip options. Handle length is adjustable to fit different hand and glove sizes.
• Specific shape of the shaft and the handle limit the risk of pick shift when switching hands
• Fully modular head for adapting the ice axe to the activity and context:
• Equipped with MASSELOTTES pick weights, the NOMIC ensures precise, efficient purchase in the ice
• Without the MASSELOTTES pick weights, the NOMIC becomes considerably lighter for dry tooling
• Equipped with a MARTEAU (optional), the NOMIC can be used to place pitons
• Interchangeable ICE pick is tapered at the tip (3 mm) for easy penetration, even in cold ice. Its shape allows stable hooking on both ice and rock.
• GRIPTAPE on the upper handle provides better grip and thermal insulation
• Serrated blade under the GRIPREST for better hold coming out of steep sections in hard snow or ice
3 product reviews
I've had gen 1, 2, and now 3. Each one has been an upgrade. The tools work beautifully and swing well. 1 quibble is that the head weights come loose about every second climb so check them every time you go out.
I am using those ice axes in the Canadian Rockies. Really good, light and efficient tools! Easy to handle with a nice ergonomically hold. The PETZL quality allows to fully trust those tools and enjoy my climbing and my time on ice walls. Quite light, you'll enjoy the approach too!
I upgraded to Nomics from old model of BD Vipers and the difference is really noticable. Perfect natural swing and the new offsetted handle is really making a difference.