- Is it safe to order on your site?
Yes! Oui. Si. Ja. Kyllä! We’re owned by Elisa, the largest telecommunications company in Finland. We also use an international standard in payment protection, Braintree and 3D Security, so you’re safe with us.
We want to ensure your confidence when buying from shop.epictv.com and to get the most security we suggest the following techie precautions:
Install Security Software
Most threats come from malicious software or viruses so you need to ensure they are kept out like the cold. Make sure your computer is installed with antivirus and anti-spyware software and a firewall. Mmmm, fire.
Security Software manufacturers constantly respond to new threats. They do so with updates that iron out any bugs – so make sure and update regularly to keep your security software at its most effective.
Use strong and smart passwords for log in. “Password” is not a great choice. Use upper and lower case characters (PaSsWoRd?), add numbers (P455w0Rd?) and special characters to your password. This will make it more difficult for others to guess. Regularly change your password and remember – always log out at the end of a session.
Check For the Padlock Icon
It will appear in your internet browser when you start the secure payment process on our site. No padlock? No go.
Don’t Share Personal Information
EpicTV will never e-mail or call you to ask you to disclose or verify your EpicTV.com password, credit card or bank account number. We’re too busy! If you are contacted or receive an unsolicited email asking you for any of this information, disregard the request and report the incident to our Customer Service team. They’ll handle it...
- How can I contact shop.epictv.com?
- Check out our Contact Us page for other ways to get in touch with us (note: the Bat-Signal is not one of these ways).
- BREXIT” AND ITS EFFECT ON DELIVERIES TO EU COUNTRIES
- Following Great Britain’s exit from the EU (“Brexit”), deliveries to EU countries from our Bristol warehouse are subject to some new formalities from January 1, 2021. It’s great to know that thanks to a Brexit agreement between the EU and UK no new customs duties will apply to your purchase from our shop whether you’re in the EU or in UK. The VAT (value added tax) that all purchases in EU countries continue to be subject to - just like before – is now payable either when the package enters the destination country, or if you prefer, in the shop like before. Thanks to the new full service delivery options that we have introduced together with DHL.
EpicTV Shop Benefits
- Where do I Sign up or Sign in?
- Just click "Your Account" at the top right-hand corner of the page. Add your email and password either as a new or returning customer and that's it, you're in! If you're experiencing any problems with your account feel free to get in touch with us. Send us a message at email@example.com.
- How do I get my 5€ as a welcome gift for new members?
- You will receive a welcome email from us after signing up (check your spam folder if you can't find it). This email will contain a coupon code, which will take 5€ off the price of your order. This code can only be used once, but you don't have to use it on your first order - you can save it for another time.
- The 5€ haven't been redeemed from my order, what should I do?
- You have to enter the related coupon code at the checkout to benefit from your welcome 5€. This coupon code can be found in the welcome email you receive for signing up. Check your spam folder if you can't find this email. Remember: the code can only be used once and you need to be signed in for it to work, the coupon cannot be retrospectively applied once the purchase are made! Just so you know, this coupon code is unique and cannot be redeemed in conjunction with any other coupon code.
- What are the terms to take part to the Weekly Review Prize Draw?
- Review your new gear to be in with a chance to win 30€ every week.
It’s that simple! All you need to do is review your new climbing shoes, clothing or equipment and you’ll be entered into our weekly prize draw. At the end of each week, we’ll pick our favourite review and the winner will receive 30€ credit to spend on anything in store. Make sure you stick to the rules below. Good luck and happy reviewing!
- You must be an EpicTV Shop member to play.
- Reviews must be a minimum of 100 words and must provide a balanced opinion.
- Winning reviews are chosen based on relevance and coherence.
- You're more than welcome to submit more than one review if you’ve bought more than one item.
- Post your review in the reviews section of the relevant page.
- Winners will receive an email containing a coupon code for 30€, which can be spent site-wide. This coupon code can only be used once and if used for a purchase worth less than 30€ no refund will be given, so make the most of it!
- Winning reviewers will get a mention across EpicTV social media.
- Reviews must be for goods purchased from EpicTV Shop.
- Editor’s discretion applies to the publication of all reviews.
- Does EpicTV offer student discount?
- Yes we do! To claim your 10% off, all you need to do is head over to the ISIC website, verify your student status and they’ll send you a discount code by email. You’ll need to have an ISIC membership for this one, and it applies to ALL orders – no minimum spend! If you have an IYTC or ITIC card, you’re also eligible for this discount… get in!
- Can I pre-order an item that says 'out of stock'?
- If the button says "pre-order" then yes, you can pre-order the item. It will be delivered as soon as we get the item in stock. The current wait time for pre-orders can vary between 1-4 weeks, however, please bear in mind that with ongoing COVID disruptions it could be longer than this. To find out more about the lead time on the product(s) please contact us from Contact Us page.
- Can I amend or change my order?
- Of course you can, unless your parcel is already set to done. Check the Contact Us page to find another way to get in touch with us (note: a smoke signal is not one of these ways).
- There are items missing from my order, what do I do?
- Please let us know via Contact Us page (unless we’ve notified you that one of the items has changed to ‘out of stock’ status).
- Where can I find my order history?
- If you’ve created an account with us, click "Your Account" at the top right-hand corner of the page to sign in (if you haven’t already). Click again on your name, then select “Your orders” from the drop-down menu. You will now be able to view all of your purchases at EpicTV Shop. To access further information about an order (e.g. billing information, delivery address, etc.), click the link “View order”, located under your order number on the right-hand side. You may have to select “View all orders” if your past orders are not displayed. If you don't have an account with us, contact us via email, available Monday through Friday 10:00-17:00 CET, at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your order number, and we will get back to you with the information you have asked for.
- How do I obtain an invoice for my purchase(s)?
- To download an invoice, simply go to "Your Account" and click the link labelled "Download invoice", which can be found below the order number on the right-hand side of your screen. Nailed it. If you don't have an account with us, contact us via email, available Monday through Friday 10:00-17:00 CET, at email@example.com, quoting your order number, and we will get back to you with the information you have asked for.
Price & Payment
- What is your pricing policy?
Glad you asked! For orders placed in the EU, prices include VAT (Value Added Tax) charged at the rate appropriate to the destination country of the order. For a few EU countries and some of the delivery options we deduct VAT from the final amount in the shopping cart. In those cases VAT is still payable but it will be collected by the delivery company from you when the order enters your country. When you pay VAT in our shop at checkout (for most EU countries this is the case), you're all set and the order is delivered without any other charges to your delivery address.
Please note that local tax and customs duty may apply. For full details please consult your local customs office. If you select a currency or a delivery country outside the EU, prices will be displayed VAT-free. You can find out how much import duties are with this great free calculator here.
Whilst we do our best to ensure prices are up to date and correct, errors may occur and in this case we'll contact you before your order is shipped. (Still glad you asked?!)
- What payment methods can I use at EpicTV Shop?
You can pay by either credit or debit card, Paypal, via bank transfer, Google Pay* or Apple Pay* (* available to available to supported countries only ) . We use Braintree, a Paypal Company and international payment platform used to process payments by both card and Paypal, so your information is completely safe with us.
If you choose to pay via Bank transfer by selecting the payment option “IBAN Payment” during the checkout, you will then receive our bank account details in your order confirmation email. Please note that we must receive the payment to our bank account within 10 banking days after the purchase. Otherwise we will have to cancel your order. Important: To avoid any delay in the management of your order, please use your order number from your confirmation email as the reference for your bank transfer.
Your bank may charge a transfer fee for this option. For international transfers, you are always charged a "cross border transfer" fee on top of the "purchase price". Your bank will be able to provide you with more information about this. If we do not receive the full amount of your purchase, your order will be delayed. Once the full amount has been received, your order will be processed. Depending on your bank the transfer could take between 5 to 10 working days before we are actually able to see your payment.
- What currency can I use to pay for my order?
- We accept €, £, $, CHF, A$, NOK, SEK, ¥ and CAD. Just select your currency of choice below the "My account" button in the top-right corner of our site and shazam! Please note we are unable to accept payments in USD for orders outside the USA. If you'd like to pay in USD please make sure you are a US customer and that you provide us with a delivery address in the United States.
- Do you charge sales tax on your orders?
Taxes (VAT) are included for orders delivered to countries inside the EU*.In order to continue providing a convenient, hassle-free delivery experience to you, our customer, we now offer DHL Full Service Express and DHL Full Service Economy deliveries to most EU countries. When you select one of the DHL Full Service options, we continue to cover your VAT obligation as part of the price of the product in the shop, just like before Brexit. DHL as the delivery company will then deal with all possible border formalities on your behalf, and you’ll get door-to-door delivery service exactly like before.
*The DHL Full Service delivery option is available to the following 15 EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
Orders to other EU countries than those listed above will be VAT-free at the checkout, but your order will be still be subject to VAT and some DHL service charges when it arrives in your country, and DHL will contact you for payment before delivery. They then clear the EU customs on your behalf and deliver the package to you.
For the USA, non-EU countries in Europe, and other international deliveries the VAT is either omitted or automatically subtracted during the checkout depending on the shipping country. However, there will be Customs Clearance Fees depending on the country and the value of the order, discount/store credit or any special promotion will not be included on the export tax document. These are charged by customs for processing the importation of your order. Please see our Shipping Fees section for more details for deliveries to the USA and non-EU countries.
- Do you price match?
- You bet we do. See our Price Match Guarantee page
- My PayPal orders don't show on my account, what do I do?
- Bummer! Please visit our Contact us page so we can help you out.
- Why has PayPal charged me more than what you stated?
- We accept PayPal payments in GBP Sterling, Euro, US Dollar, Norwegian Krone, Swedish Krona and Swiss Francs. For other countries and currencies we show exchange rates based on the Bank of England rate. If you purchase through PayPal they'll apply their own exchange rates and you may see a slight difference in the amount you pay. PayPal exchange rates are fully explained in their terms and conditions.
- My gift voucher / coupon code is not working. What do I do?
- Oh snap! that’s not normal. Please contact us from our Contact Us page so we can get you back to your savvy ways!
Delivery & Shipping
- Free Shipping?
We offer FREE Delivery to Europe for all orders over 70€, which means you’ll normally get your order in 4-5 days. Nearly all our customers in the EU get their packages within 4-5 days, but for some countries it can take longer. Check out our delivery map at the top of the page to confirm the delivery time. And please note that if you live in a rural area (i.e. outside of an urban or city centre) you may experience slightly longer delivery times.
We also offer FREE Delivery to UK for all orders over £60 shipping by Royal Mail Tracked Standard (2 to 3 days) is free. For smaller orders it costs £4.00
- How can I find my tracking number?
- Once your order is completed and on your way an email will be sent with your tracking information, incase this one is not received please check your "Your Account" at the top right-hand corner of the page to sign in (if you haven’t already). Click again on your name, then select “Orders History” from the drop-down menu. You will now be able to view your tracking under the order '' View Order ''.
- Where is my order shipped from?
- EpicTV consists of three small teams based in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, London, and Helsinki, and we ship all of our orders from our warehouse based in the UK. For more details on shipping costs and delivery times to your country, please visit our Shipping Fees page, and head over to our Returns section for details on returns, refunds, and exchanges.
- When is my order shipped?
- All orders are shipped from Monday to Friday, if an order is made during the weekend this one will be shipped to following Monday
- Worldwide Shipping
Check out our Shipping fees section to find out exact details of where we ship but in general we ship Worldwide.
- What is your International Shipping Policy?
- EpicTV.com uses DHL to ship internationally. Why? DHL is safe, your package is insured against theft and loss, and you get tracking information that tells you where your package is and when it will arrive. This way you’re not left wondering when the unreachable and mysterious shipping gods will deliver your goods. For more information on shipping and delivery please visit our Shipping Page.
- Why do my purchases sometimes arrive in boxes, sometimes in Jiffys and sometimes in bags?
We always try to pack orders in the best fitting packaging possible. Depending on the item(s) this may mean one of our Jiffy bags, one of our boxes or one of our plastic bags. We do this for three reasons:
- the best-fit packaging is usually the most cost-effective and helps us keep our packaging and our courier costs down so we can continue to provide you with the most competitive prices around.
- With smaller packages there is a better chance that your order will fit through your letter box, avoiding delayed deliveries and repeated delivery attempts.
- Smaller and more compact parcels take up less space on planes, trains and automobiles so it’s better for the environment. Win-win!
- Can I change my delivery address after my order has gone through?
We will send you an email when your order has been dispatched. If you'd like to change your delivery address before you receive this email, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your order has already been dispatched and you'd like to change the delivery address, it's best to contact DHL or Royal Mail directly. You will need your DHL or Royal Mail tracking number, which can be found in your dispatch email (check your spam folder if you can't find it).
- I haven't received my order and it's after the scheduled delivery date, what should I do?
First check the status of your delivery on the DHL or Royal Mail website, as it might just be unexpectedly held up.Your DHL or Royal Mail tracking number can be found in your dispatch confirmation email (check your spam folder if you can't find it).
- I received the wrong item or a damage parcel. What should I do?
If you have received a wrong or incorrect item, please contact us within 30 calendar days, and we will happily arrange a return for you. The fastest way to get in touch with us is through our email an email@example.com explaining the situation, and we will get back to you as soon as possible with your returns label.
In the event that you receive your parcel and find the package to be damaged or in an unacceptable condition, please refuse it. It will then be sent straight back to us. If you accept the parcel, you will be responsible for it, and no claim can be made.
Please don't post an item before we have provided you with a returns label! We won't be able to properly process your refund without this.
- How do I return or exchange an order?
If you wish to return or exchange an item ordered from EpicTV Shop, please go to our Returns Page first for detailed information on how to do so. You can also talk to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (available weekdays 9am - 5pm CET).
All exchanges from a Non-EU countries in Europe and other international deliveries are also subject once more to Customs Clearance Fees depending on the country and the value of the order.
- How do I return from International country?
- Please make sure to check the box "Return merchandise" on the post office document when sending your parcel back and enter the minimum value for the products so that we don't get asked to pay taxes or duties again at our end. Otherwise we will not be able accept the return.
- How do I return or exchange if I checkout as a guest?
- Very simple! If you wish to return or exchange an item ordered from EpicTV Shop, please go to our Returns Page first for detailed information on how to do so. You can also talk to us at email@example.com (available weekdays 9am - 5pm CET). All exchanges from a Non-EU countries in Europe and other international deliveries may be subject again to the same Customs Clearance Fees as the original order was, depending on the country and the value of the order.
- Do I have to pay the shipping cost once more for my exchange?
- We would love to ship back your exchange free of charge but due to hight transport costs, we are not able to do so for the moment.
- My refund has not shown up in my bank account, what do I do?
If we have let you know that we've refunded you, don't worry - it's on its way! If you paid by PayPal your funds will have been refunded to your PayPal account.
Refunds to credit cards can take up to 10 banking days to appear in your account. Refunds by bank transfer can only be completed once we've received the necessary banking information (swift code, IBAN etc), so please ensure you’ve provided these for the refund to be completed as quickly as possible.
If you still haven’t received your refund after checking these possibilities, please speak to us via our Contact Us page and get ahold of us (note: Morse code is not one of these ways). We’ll sort it out!
- Did you receive my return?
- You will receive an email confirmation as soon your return is processed by our logistic.
- How long do refunds take?
- We aim to have all returns processed within 5 days of receiving them.
- The returns page it keeps saying item not eligible for return?
- Your claim has been received correctly, you can download it from your Order history
- My exchange is under the 70€ threshold, will I paid the shipping cost?
- All exchanges under the 70€ threshold in value will be subject to a second shipping charge same as the first one was, as we are not able to cover the shipping cost of orders of below 70€.
- How do I know if my product has a warranty?
- If your new item has a warranty, basic information can usually be found on the tags or somewhere in the original packaging. However, it’s also important to check the manufacturer’s website for the full details.
- How long do warranties last for?
- Depending on the manufacturer, warranties can last any time from a few weeks to the lifetime of the product. When you buy a product, make sure you check the individual warranty length, and keep your order confirmation so you know when it’s valid from.
- What does a warranty cover?
- A warranty covers any unexpected damage or fault that can be put down to manufacturing mistakes, or don’t meet the brand’s advertised standards. This can include anything from seams coming apart to malfunctions in technical equipment.
- Does my warranty cover accidental damage?
- Warranties do not normally cover accidental damage, loss or damage due to improper care. For more details on this issue view our warranty page, and if you’re still not sure, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on our Contact Us page. It’s also a good idea to check the manufacturer’s website for their warranty terms and conditions.
- How do I start the warranty process?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number, explaining what the problem is (don’t forget to include some pictures) and we will communicate with the manufacturer on your behalf to verify whether or not your item is valid for warranty. The manufacturer always has the final decision. If your item is approved for warranty, fill out a warranty form and send it back to us so we can provide you with a replacement or refund. Have a look at our warranty terms and conditions for more details.
- Is there anything I need to provide?
- To start the warranty process, you will always need to provide proof of purchase. This can be your order number or confirmation email. You may also be required to send photos or videos of your faulty item.
- How long does it take to warranty an item?
We will sort your warranty as fast as possible, but the whole process usually takes around six to eight weeks.
For more information, have a look at our warranty page, and if you have any questions speak to us from our Contact Us page