$14.95 worth of credit back
Patagonia Hyper Puff Hoody
Stuff it into sacks and backpacks or store it in suitcases on long-haul flights, the Hyper Puff™ Hoody will bounce back, for longer. Filled with Patagonia's HyperDAS™ insulation, the Hyper Puff™ Hoody's rigid synthetic down fibres are more resistant to the loft and fibre-destroying actions of packing and compressing, meaning it will spring back with greater loft than other synthetic insulations of its weight. What's more, per 100g, it's warmer than any other synthetic down material currently available. The Hyper Puff™ Hoody's lightweight ripstop nylon Pertex Quantum® shell is highly resistant to rips and tears, is water-resistant and windproof, allows insulation to fully loft (i.e. create as many air pockets as possible to trap the greatest amount of heat), and is treated with a DWR finish for light protection against rain, snow, and dirt. This stretch material has been designed to allow for full range of motion which helps trap your body heat effectively, and articulated patterning enhances this mobility even further. A simple, articulated, helmet-compatible hood has internal elastic stitching, a minimal visor and a single-pull drawcord adjustment. Elasticized cuffs and a discreet drawcord at the drop hem further seal in warmth. Comes with stuffsack for easy storage.
Built for the harshest alpine conditions, the Hyper Puff™ Hoody is for any adventurer seeking the water-resistant properties of synthetic down in a jacket that will last longer, and go further.
|MATERIAL(S)||100% nylon stretch ripstop Pertex Quantum® with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish|
|INSULATION||100 g 100% polyester HyperDAS™ insulation|
|POCKETS||Two zippered, insulated handwarmer pockets; large interior mesh drop-in pocket; one exterior zippered chest pocket|
|RECOMMENDED USE||Alpine Climbing, Mountaineering, Severe Cold-Weather Activities|
|STATED WEIGHT||524 g|
• Lightweight, 2-way-stretch nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum® shell is durable, water-resistant, windproof and treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
• Innovative synthetic 100-g HyperDAS™ insulation packs down small but delivers big loft and warmth by creating plenty of dead air space (DAS)
• Engineered patterning and variable quilting provide maximum articulation for deep warmth and unhindered movement
• Full-length zipper with internal wind flap and fold-over zipper garage for next-to-skin comfort
• Simple, articulated, helmet-compatible hood with internal elastic stitching, visor and single-pull drawcord to adjust overall volume and peripheral vision
• Two zippered, insulated handwarmer pockets; large interior mesh drop-in pocket; one exterior zippered chest pocket
• Elasticised cuffs and discreet drawcord at drop hem seal in warmth; stuffsack for easy storage
HyperDAS™ has the highest thermal efficiency of any 100-gram synthetic fibre, and is much more resistant to compression that standard synthetic down materials. It features mechanical lofting that utilises layers - similar to the structure of an accordion - to create large dead air spaces (DAS) and significantly increase the amount of thermal energy able to be trapped and stored, whilst its high structural rigidity means these large air pockets can withstand repeated stuffing and packing.
A lightweight, yet strong and durable fabric used in sleeping bags and insulated clothing with a softness that allows down and synthetic insulation to fully loft. Pertex Quantum® uses precisely woven ultra-fine yarns, making it windproof and of a very stable downproof construction.
Ripstop fabrics are made by weaving a nylon thread in interlocking, square patterns through a base material. (You can spot its distinguishable appearance in fabrics with a raised box or diamond pattern.) As a result, rips and tears, unable to bypass this nylon barrier, are confined to one very small area and will not spread throughout the fabric.
DWR (Durable Water Repellent) Finish
An ultra-thin chemical coating applied to technical garments as the first line of defence against wet weather. This coating creates thousands of densely packed polymer “hairs” that prevent water droplets from reaching the surface of the jacket and encourages them to bead together and roll off. The first line of defence against wet weather.