$17.64 worth of credit back
Mountain Hardwear Men's Phantom Hooded Down Jacket
The Mountain Hardwear Men's Phantom Hooded Down Jacket is a high-loft down jacket, which means that it's more packable and warmer for its weight than a down jacket filled with lower quality insulation. The 850-fill of Mountain Hardwear's Q.Shield DOWN insulation is also water-resistant, so even in damp, wet conditions, the down will retain its loft and keep you warmer for longer than an untreated down-fill would. Lower quality down jackets may provide just as much warmth, but they won't be anywhere near as packable or as light as jacket higher quality down insulation. So, if you need to save as much weight and space as possible, and you're looking for the warmth and packability of down without any of the negatives, the high quality, water-resistant down found in the Phantom Hooded Down Jacket will provide you with more warmth, and less to carry.
|MATERIAL(S)||20D Nylon Rip|
|INSULATION MATERIAL(S)||180 g. Q.Shield™ Down 850-Fill|
|WEIGHT||492 g (avg.)|
• Q.Shield™ DOWN resists heat-robbing moisture and retains maximum loft even when wet
• Baffled down construction provides all-over warmth that eliminates cold spots
• Two large interior mesh drop pockets easily hold gloves and other essential gear
• Full, center-front reverse coil zipper
• Soft, “Butter Jersey” cuffs have elastic binding to seal off cold and moisture
• Two pack and harness compatible PU zip handwarmer pockets keep valuables secure
Q.Shield DOWN is a giant leap forward in down performance. Down fibres are infused with a permanent water repellency that helps maintain insulating performance even when exposed to moisture.
Ripstop fabrics are made by weaving a nylon thread in interlocking, square patterns through a base material. (You can spot its distinguishable appearance in fabrics with a raised box or diamond pattern.) As a result, rips and tears, unable to bypass this nylon barrier, are confined to one very small area and will not spread throughout the fabric.