Scarpa Chimera Climbing Shoe
The Scarpa Chimera features a unique synergistic that makes it extremely soft and flexible, and a climbing shoe designed for maximum sensitivity in high-performance bouldering, sport, and indoor climbing.
Taking its name from the hybrid creature of Greek mythology, the Scarpa Chimera features Vibram XS Grip 2 for maximum grip, an elongated toe patch for toe hooking across the entire length of the shoe, and a vacuum lacing system for a totally secure fit, but its really interesting characteristic is the design of its inner panel, which Scarpa say they have put a lot of thought and effort into. On the shoe’s inner, a large, seamless morphic big toe panel has been placed. This keeps the foot’s power firmly focussed through the big toe, and its smooth surface area avoids discomfort and uneven pressure points. The footbed uses a bi-lateral stitching that allows the shoe to move and flex with the foot as it changes under pressure. This combined with the strategically placed synthetic and natural fibers of the footbed gives the shoe give and compression where its needed, resulting in consistent overall power of the foot across all climbing moves. Really innovative thinking by Scarpa, when every ounce of extra performance a shoe can give you counts nowadays.
|Upper material|| |
|Closure type|| |
Yellow / Black / Vivid Blue
|Sole material|| |
Vibram XS Grip 2
Vibram XS Grip 2
Rubber compound for pure friction, recommended for use where maximum grip is the primary need: bouldering and lead climbing, indoor and outdoor climbing, or extremely smooth, polished routes. Exceptional grip in every condition.
Full Features List
• Synergistic design for the ultimate shoe in terms of sensitivity
• Unique lacing system provides a suction style fit with no dead spaces
• Elongated toe patch creates a large surface area for toe-hooking
• SRT Rand is oversized and encompasses the upper portion of the toe box for the full-range of toe-hooking capability
• PCB Tension System transfers power from the toe to the heel giving the shoes a sock like feel with power and sensitivity
• New PCV sole is designed to increase edging ability when climbing vertically