Find the best size for you
Scarpa Boostic Climbing Shoe
The new and updated Scarpa Boostic is an aggressive climbing shoe designed to boost up technical face climbing where support for continuous micro edging is crucial. The Scarpa Boostic has a high asymmetry and a tapered design that directs the entirety of the foot's power and your bodyweight through your big toe, delivering absolute precision and support on tiny edges.
As aggressive as they may be, Scarpa have not ignored support. The Boostic uses a Flexan midsole to provide strength when stood on minute edges and to minimise foot fatigue on longer climbs. For technical moves, Scarpa have added a high-friction toe patch and constructed the heel with a tighter fit to grip and stability on toe and heel hooks.
|Upper material|| |
|Closure type|| |
0.48 kg (Size 40 EU)
|Sole material|| |
Vibram XS Edge
|Sole thickness|| |
• For climbers who look for precision and support on small edges.
• A perfect choice for technical multi-pitch face climbing.
• Multi-panel microfibre upper with Alcantara big toe panel for the best custom moulding fit
• A high-stretch gusset allows easy entry and the twin strap closure system gives support.
• Insole is a cleverly-shaped curved 1mm Flexan insert with support and sensitivity.
• The DTS active randing system provides tension in two different strengths on either side of the foot
• This torque helps drive power towards the big toe and further enhances the asymmetrical shape.
• The PAF System is an innovative heel system that helps both spread the force of the heel tension and increase the fit of the heel.
Vibram XS Edge™
Rubber compound built for maximum performance on micro holds and extreme edging. This formula uses an improved plastic deformation resistance that ensures the utmost stability, rigidity, and support on footholds in hot or cold weather, as well as generally increasing durability.
4 product reviews
This shoe is superior when stepping on edges and when faceclimbing. I have used it for both bouldering and route climbing. The upper part stretches just the right amount, so I have done some slabby multipitches. Once moulded to your foot I just fits!. The heel is great and the support in the midsole allows you to jump several grades if you are an beginner/intermediate.
Naturally you can not expect it to smear a lot. However it was never designed to be a great shoe for smearing. It still works.
One downside - the dyes are just horrible. My pair will leave me looking as a smurf! And washing them is an.. hmm.. experience!
All in all I would recommend it.
absolutely awesome for standing on tiny edges. dont lose their shape either
I have never owned a shoe which grips on such tiny edges as well as this shoe. Yes it's pretty aggressive, not the worst i've owned for comfort. I can keep these on for a few hours even. Used them mainly indoors. Wicked good on technical climbs, overhangs and tiny edges. Can't emphasis how good at edging these are. The toe rubber is great for those toe hooks when upside down and needing the support. One of my favourite shoes owned. Not the best for smearing... but still capable.
After trying several brands, SCARPA is by far the best fit for me. This shoe in particular has the ultimate shape, excellent performance and unparalleled durability.
If it fits you, I would definitely recommend it.