Scarpa Arpia Womens Climbing Shoe
The Scarpa Arpia Womens is an excellent choice for those who want to progress to a high performace shoe without having to deal with the a shape which is too aggressive. The womens specific last has a lower volume than the mens version and features a slightly downturned profile and moderate asymmetry, this means that the Arpia has high comfort levels whilst providing a step up in terms of performance. It is a mid-stiffness shoe that gives enough support to your toes and maintains smearing ability and sensitivity. A zig zag style closure dubbed the Wave-Closure-System makes for great adjustability and quick on-offs. The Arpia Womens is not limited to any one discipline of climbing and should excel in any situation from multi-pitch trad routes to indoor bouldering.
- The hand constructed heel construction adapts well to different foot shapes and is wrapped with Vibram® Grip2 rubber for maximum friction and sensitivity.
- High comfort levels from an upper whose construction combines 3 panels in Microfiber and a bottom panel in suede. Integral lining for special comfort and durability.
- V-Tension active randing system keeps the shape of the shoe over its life. It holds the forefoot in perfect position and supports the toe area for edging while it allows enough flex for smearing.
- Full length Dynamic Flexan 1.4mm, with extension for heel reinforcement.
- Slightly downturned and moderately asymmetric last for a surprisingly relaxed fit. Redefined low volume heel shape. The toe section is designed for a moderate toe curvature
• Sole: 2/3 length Vibram XS Grip 2
• Last: FK
• Upper: Microfibre & Suede
• Stiffness: Mid
|Upper material|| |
Suede + Microfibre
|Closure type|| |
|Sizing and fit|| |
|Sole material|| |
Vibram XS Grip 2
Vibram XS Grip2™
Rubber compound built for pure friction, recommended for use where maximum grip is the primary need - bouldering and sport climbing, indoor climbing, or extremely smooth, polished routes.
V-TENSION™ ACTIVE RANDING SYSTEM
A randing system designed for maximum comfort in all-day shoes. It supports the front of the foot and helps extend the toes slightly for climbers who don’t like added pressure on their toes when they climb
Full Features List
Ideal first high performance shoe
Combines performance with a high level of comfort
Medium fit FK last
Perfect all-round model for indoor walls to multi-pitch climbs
Slightly down turned and moderately asymmetric shape
Full length Dynamic 1.4mm Flexan insole
Wave-Closure-System enables great adjustability and easy access
Heel construction adapts well to different foot shapes
Redefined low volume heel shape
Wrapped with Vibram® Grip2 rubber for maximum friction and sensitivity
Upper: 3 panels in Microfiber and bottom panel in suede
Integral lining for special comfort and durability.
V-Tension active randing system keeps the shape of the shoe over its life
Toe section designed for a moderate toe curvature
2 product reviews
I have had these shoes for eight months now and I am radiantly happy. I have used them for both bouldering and sports climbing. In these shoes I use the same size I use in everyday life. They are like slippers. I have narrow, slim, small feet.
The sole is very soft and comfortable compared to previous shoes.
Color matching is very good