$4.74 worth of credit back
Mad Rock Redline Climbing Shoe
The Mad Rock Redline is a highly aggressive climbing shoe designed for steep and technical overhanging routes. It features elastic support bands which keep the tongue firmly in place while you’re climbing, as well as Mad Rock’s Arch Flex Technology, which accounts for the radically down-turned profile and sends power into the toe for superior edging ability. The entire shoe utilises interlinking technologies to ensure a glove-like fit and uncompromising shape.
|Upper material|| |
|Closure type|| |
|Sole material|| |
Science Friction 3.0
Science Friction 3.0
The latest innovation in Mad Rock's long-standing rubber formulas boasting the highest performance characteristics yet. Not only is it more durable through increased tear strength, Science Friction 3.0 also has a higher level of friction. Ideal for every type of climbing.
Full Features List
• The Arch Flex's elastic property hugs and locks your foot into place without the pain associated with other high performance shoes
• Perforated Tek Flex enhances breathability in the non-stretch upper
• The moulded heel piece is connected to the lacing system which provides control over volume and tension
• Spiral Last is downturned, cambered, rotated and twisted to place your feet into the best position
• Power Tape reduces the bulging issue found in downturned climbing shoes by preventing the rand rubber from overstretching and also improves edging
3 product reviews
The advantages are good rubber, great heel (better for me than la sportiva), nice toe hooking, ideal for small steps in overhang. the disadvantage is the strong sweating of the foot, very stiff.
Theese shoes are absolutely awesome! They can be a little hard to get in, due to the aggressive downturn in the tip, but its worth squeezing in. For overhanging sportclimbs and boulders they are absolutely perfect. Laces are not ideal for bouldering, yet the fit is worth the lacing.
Obviously, slab and crack climbing is not what this shoe is made for.
All in all i really love the shoe, my only (quite big unfortunately) negative point is the lack of sensitivity in the toes with this shoe. I will have to deal with it, because theese are definetly going to be part of some steep climbing.
Being a sucker for lace ups and a fan of Hiangles, I was in trouble when the new Quantums came out - they didn´t fit my foot anymore and my quiver stopped having a pair of lace ups! The lace ups are back in my quiver after these ones arrived - any fan of the old purple Quantums should consider these! A notch more aggressive but very supportive and stiff, they excel on the steep and at times polished limestone of Austria´s Schleierwasserfall - for which I got them!