La Sportiva Miura Climbing Shoe - Women's
The La Sportiva Miura Women's is identical to the men's Miura bar a couple of key differences. The La Sportiva Miura uses XS Grip 2 rubber over Edge and its sole is 3.5mm thick rather than 4. The effect of this is not only a shoe that is better for smearing and sticking to frictionless rock, but a softer shoe that will be more responsive to the lighter weight of women.
Aside from that, the shoe is mostly the same. The Miura Women's features the slingshot rand and Powerhinged sole that, when small edges are weighted, prevents the shoe from stretching in the front half of the shoe to keep power and control on tiny holds. An aggressive downturn does mean it can still hook onto overhanging holds and slot into pockets, however!
Many people wear these shoes tight for technical sport climbing and high-end bouldering, but others who have worn them looser say that they perform just as well for crack climbing, trad routes, and big wall climbing. They have a leather upper with a synthetic lining (none under the foot however so as to not reduce sensitivity), and so will probably stretch about half a size. If you have wider feet and are looking for a stiffer shoe, the Miura VS Women's may suit you better!
|Upper material|| |
|Closure type|| |
|Sizing and fit|| |
White / Jade Green
White / Black
|Sole material|| |
Vibram XS Grip 2
|Sole thickness|| |
Full Features List
• The Slingshot Rand connected to the Powerhinge under the shoe increases edging performance
• The Slingshot Rand encapsulates the shoe and prevents lateral stretching to keep the foot's power drive forward
• Powerhinge is a small hole cut into the sole to make sure the shoe only stretches in the back and not the front on small edges
• 8-panel directional lining channels stretch for a performance fit
• Speed lacing system, designed for speed
Vibram XS Grip2™
Rubber compound built for pure friction, recommended for use where maximum grip is the primary need - bouldering and sport climbing, indoor climbing, or extremely smooth, polished routes.