Five Ten Hiangle Climbing Shoe
This hyper asymmetrical ballerina has a very precise plunging point combined with a Stealth C4 rubber sole for maximum grip. Flexible, this climbing shoe with pronounced camber will be an ideal ally for slopes. The insert has been softened for more sensations. Finally, the microfiber has been softened for more precision at the tip.
|Upper material|| |
|Closure type|| |
0.45 kg (Size 40 EU)
|Sole material|| |
Stealth C4 Rubber
|Sole thickness|| |
Stealth® C4™ Rubber
A high-friction rubber used on the majority of Five Ten’s shoes due of its all-round performance and versatility. Five Ten first debuted this rubber on the original approach shoe, the Five Tennie, in 1985, and since then Stealth rubber has always been developed by Five Ten themselves in direct conjunction with their shoes, unlike other shoe manufacturers who outsource their rubber. The result is a rubber that works with your shoe harmoniously.
3 product reviews
Worn them for a few sessions now and I love them. I really like how stiff they are it enables me to put down a lot of power.
I'm a 5.10 customers from years and I was very hyped by this new (nice looking) Hingle.
Overall it is a great shoe, but there are DEFINITELY some downsides to it:
- I have wide feet, and it was always a nightmare to break into a new pair of 5.10 (with some almost impossible). This Hiangle update is designed for wider feet, and that makes me, and my feet, very happy. Breaking in time was about 3 sessions of 4h each.
- Wear shoes that are SO EASY! Never the less, it is impossible that your feet will slip off while climbing heel-hooking, etc.
- The rubber is fantastic, sticky as hell.
- Despite the (very slightly) downturn of the shoe, it is completely possible to smear without impediments.
- I've mentioned the "wide-feet" friendliness of the shoe. However, even for a wide feet climber (eg. me) the shoe let a tiny tiny tiny bit of space in the arch area. That it is super weird and unnecessary. Still, it has not really compromised the performance.
- The shoe stretch a bit. Or better, it stretches a bit more than the previous synthetic Hiangle. So, simply downsize 1/2 number from your previous one. (I wish I knew this before -_-)
-The shoe is kinda bulky. Compare (again) to the previous version, the upper volume is ginormous. And this has definitely impacted the performances in some specific routs (mainly super small foot holes).
- normal sweating expectations (considering the synthetic material)
- doesn't smell tho
- not super light, but not super heavy
- looks fancy ( if this matters to you)
- they will get dirty in 0.5 seconds, especially when used outdoor ( Adidas, why white, WHY? Black is always the way to go!)
I would love to try the woman version next time, it is supposed to be lower in volume and probably more similar to the old Hiangle, aka big pain-great results.
At the moment I'll give it a 3, probably the same shoe, half-size smaller than what I'Ve purchased will be a 4.
Very complete shoe!