$3.44 worth of credit back
Cassin Eghen 22
The Cassin Eghen 22 is a durable, multi-faceted backpack designed for elite alpinists and multi-pitch climbers, with a host of features designed for streamlined and versatile carries of climbers’ gear.
Named after the historic route climbed by Ricardo Cassin on the Pizzo d’Eghen in 1932, Cassin say the Eghen 22 comes from the popular request of alpinists and multi-pitch climbers. The Eghen 22 has an essentialist 22-litre capacity, and utilised Cordura 500D fabric for its bottom and 210HD Ripstop Nylon for the sidewalls. The abundance of cold-weather, alpine, and multi-pitch features include: a 6mm rigid foam pad that doubles as an emergency bivy pad, streamlined technical ice tool holders, a removable waistbelt, external waterproof pockets for maps and valuables, an external rope carrying system that allows the rope to be carried on the top or bottom of the lid, an external helmet carrying system that stows away when not in use, and a new fast pull cord closure system buckles designed for effective use with gloves. When not full, the pack is designed to be compressed so it maintains a trim profile.
|WEIGHT||915 g, 32.3 oz|
|MATERIAL(S)||210HD Ripstop Nylon & Cordura 500D Fabrics|
210HD Ripstop Nylon & Cordura 500D Fabrics
Heavy-duty Cordura 500D for the bottom of the bag (most contact with the ground), and abrasion-resistant 210HD Ripstop Nylon for the side walls. Ripstop is used in sails, hot air balloons, kites, and parachutes, and Cordura is still favoured by the military for use in their backpack, boots, and apparel. Both have an outstanding resistance to abrasions and tears.
Alpine, Multi-Pitch, and Ice Climbing Features
• Technical ice axe holders with a head-locker system on the bottom and Velcro straps on top
• External helmet carrying system can be stowed away when not in use
• Frameless back is lined with a removable 6 mm rigid pad that can be used as an emergency bivy pad
• Connection points for the bottoms of the shoulder straps is higher for better weight distribution while climbing
• External rope carrying system
• Innovative new fast pull cord closure system has been optimized for use with gloves
• Fixed daisy chains with compression straps for securing gear to the outside of the pack
• Buckles are optimized for use with gloves
• Removable waist belt with two adjustment points
• Removable chest strap is height adjustable
• Burly handle on top for hauling and clipping
• External waterproof pocket for maps, phones and other essentials
• Zippered inner pocket for valuables
• Inner gear loop for organizing
• Hydration compatible