Rockbusters Climbing Trip Europe 2018
5 weeks, 5 climbing destinations. You can book any week or weeks on the Rockbusters Climbing Trip Europe 2018. Some of the world's most famous sport climbing destinations are visited—Finale, Margalef and Rodellar—and with experienced guides and coaches providing personalised, one-on-one coaching, you'll be able to learn and improve, whatever your climbing ability.
The Eurotrip is Rockbusters' favourite time of the year. How could it not be? We’re driving across the continent, stopping at all of the most iconic crags, and any other you want to visit. You can focus on climbing as much as possible whilst experiencing the freedom of the ultimate climbing road trip. We love it and our guests love it, so we do it year after year!
The nature of the Climbing Eurotrip allows you to dip in and out of it as you wish. You can join us for your favourite locations. The atmosphere of the Rockbusters Eurotrip is legendary. Everyone quickly becomes a part of the Rockbusters family. After weeks on the road, it’s always hard to say goodbye and you’re likely to come back for more next year!
We’ll introduce you to many of Europe’s best climbing locations, like the Margalef or Ceuse.
You will experience sport climbing at its best, receive expert coaching and guidance, as well as have the most fun you ever have while rock climbing!
Our performance coaching is ongoing throughout the tour. Below are the examples of topics covered:
• Choosing the most suitable climbing gear for your needs and how to use it safely
• Belaying, lead belaying, setting up top-ropes and lead climbing in the way that’s most conducive to learning new rock climbing skills
• Standard climbing calls and best communication practice to ensure safety wherever you go
• Using guidebooks so that you can become a confident, independent climber
• Understanding of objective outdoor risks so you can make it home safely every day
• Cleaning the anchors and routes so you can retrieve all your gear safely
• Movement skills (technique) for more efficient climbing
• Footwork on slabs and vertical faces, using balance and correct feet placements to maximise your efficiency on the rock (for climbers leading f5 or harder)
• Steep climbing techniques (overhangs), resting and saving energy (for climbers leading f6c or harder)
The trip is suitable for climbers of all levels as our experienced team of instructors and guides will plan the itinerary to suit the needs of the whole group. Everybody gets to climb as much as they can, receiving as much coaching as they need.
Our main focus is having long, epic climbing days (without having an epic!). You can tackle many routes each day and spend plenty of time on the rock.
Schedule of destinations:
Week 4 - Finale Ligure / Italy
Week 5 - Céüse / France
Week 6 - Gorges du Tarn / France
Week 7 - Margalef / Spain
Week 8 - Rodellar / Spain
What's included in the price:
• Unlimited coaching and guiding as you want and need, from the Rockbusters team.
• All safety equipment including quick draws, ropes, harness, helmet, but feel free to bring your own.
• Pick up and drop off at closest airport. Other locations can be accommodated on request (FREE CHARGE).
• Local transport (FREE CHARGE).
• Shared accommodation in climbing hostels, camps (FREE CHARGE).
What's not included in the price:
• Flights, travel, climbing insurance, and food are not included. You will also need to BRING YOUR OWN CLIMBING SHOES.
• Evening group meals are provided on request at a cost of 15€ each. There will normally be two dishes on offer and you can go for both. Wine is also included... in reasonable quantities!
• Every participant has to provide their own personal travel and climbing insurance.
You will need:
Climbing shoes, harness, helmet, belay device, 60cm sling, screw gate carabiner, sleeping bag, foam pad, good approach shoes, back pack, warm and light jacket, and a headlamp.