Petzl Meteor Helmet
The Petzl Meteor Climbing Helmet is back for 2019 with some new colours and the same lightweight shape, good ventilation and clever practicality that made the original so popular. The design provides reinforced protection to the top and circumference of the head, making the Meteor the first CE-certified ski touring helmet. It's covered with practical vents to keep your head cool, without sacrificing on protection, while the magnetic buckle can be adjusted with one hand for minimal fuss while climbing. But one of the best things about the Meteor Helmet is just how comfortable it is; a foam headband moulds to the shape of your head, while the inner padding is comfortable and stable. The headband is super-easy to adjust and can be folded into the shell for easy transportation, while four integrated head torch clips make climbing at night or caving a breeze.
|WEIGHT||225g (S/M), 240g (M/L)|
|MATERIALS||Polycarbonate crown, expanded polystyrene (EPS) liner, polyester webbing|
|CERTIFICATIONS||CE EN 12492, UIAA|
|SIZING||S/M: 48-58 cm. M/L: 53-61 cm|
At a Glance
Lightweight, low profile, ventilated helmet:
- only 240 g
- low-profile design of the helmet achieved using In-Mold construction with an expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam liner injected inside a lightweight polycarbonate shell
- large vents, offer excellent air flow
- quality finishing and a sleek design
- designed in accordance with Petzl's TOP AND SIDE PROTECTION label
- designed for optimal protection against side, front and rear impacts
Suited for ski touring:
- first CE-certified ski touring helmet
- optimal ventilation on both the ascent and descent. The helmet can be worn comfortably from the beginning to the end of an outing
- front of helmet is specifically designed for integration of ski goggles
- rear elastic band is compatible with ski goggle headbands
- semi-rigid headband can be adjusted easily, even with gloves on
- two clips in front with a rear elastic band for securing a headlamp to the helmet
- compatible with VIZION and SKREEN eye shields
NOTE: This helmet does not meet the requirements of the EN 1077 standard for alpine skiing helmets.
4 product reviews
Love the look of this helmet and how it feels on my head. No sliding or shaking during climbs.
The only downside is some hard contact point on top-back of my skull. It can be improved with softer and thicker fittings in that place though.
One of the best helmet I have use so far, I have the petzl sirocco 2 back at home in australia and had to buy this for my last minute trip to Briancon while i was in germany for some multi pitch climbing and also via ferrata and the helmet didn't disappoint,
I love that it is also sort of a hard shell on the top with the matte finish instead of the glossy finish the sirocco has and that it also comes with its own carry bag to protect it from nicks and scratches, not forgetting to mention the magnetic buckles and great fitting adjustment that comes with it.
Perfecto piece of gear for your noggin i would say. At the end of the day I didn't even realize i was actually wearing a helmet and that is testament of how light and unobtrusive it was. =)
Helmet feels super light. So light that you forgot it is on. Ventilation is good so there is no need to swipe sweat all the time.
Very good fit, superlight and comfortable, perfect for alpine adventures!