The Petzl Boreo Helmet is a multi-faceted helmet that's light, durable, and protective to suit all activities, including climbing, mountaineering, caving, via ferrata, and canyoning. It features a hybrid construction that consists of a hard, thick ABS shell with EPP and EPS foam liners for a compact, comfortable fit. Lateral, front, and rear impact points are reinforced for complete protection.
|SIZE||(SM) 48-58 cm, (ML) 53-61 cm|
|WEIGHT||(SM) 285 g, (ML) 295 g|
|MATERIAL(S)||ABS shell, expanded polypropylene (EPP) liner, expanded polystyrene (EPS) liner, polyester webbing|
Boreo Key Features
• Hard outer shell is impact and scratch resistant for optimal durability
• Hybrid construction with thick ABS shell, an EPP foam liner and an EPS foam liner makes it compact on the head
• Soft headband conforms perfectly to the shape of the head and folds into the shell for storage and transportation
• Head-covering design for optimal protection against lateral, front and rear impact:
• Head-covering shape, lower in the rear, offers reinforced protection
• Suitable for climbing, mountaineering, caving, via ferrata, canyoning...
• Four clips for headlamp attachment
• Compatible with the VIZION eye shield
5 product reviews
My son has a grey one (as it's the colour of rock - go figure) and my husband has an Orange one).
I mean they do what it says on the box right - protects your head - neither have had huge falls but they wear them all day without complaint so much be relatively comfy!
FYI - I (Mum) have the womens version (with the pony tail thing) - I have managed to knock my head a few times because I'm the one who falls the most - and my brain is still intact :)
Thumbs up from us.
Petzl is know for some reason, and this product of their lineup is no exception. Even though it's their entry level helmet it does not "cut corners" on safety and the price is incredibly reasonable for what it offers in my opinion.
It's not the lightest, it's not the coolest. But it's super comfortable and I get peace of mind when I know i'm in loose rock territory while belaying.
Really Really happy.
It’s my first climbing helmet. It’s lightweight and comfortable to wear. For girl who has ponytail, I will recommend her. Last I wore it all day and won’t feel humid under the sun.
Great fit, super comfortable. The adjustment straps are a little bit complicated compared to older Petzl helmets so this helmet isn't ideal for sharing with multiple users. But great as a personal helmet.
I bougth this as my first climbing helmet. It has been good choice. Although, i cant speak for its protetction since no falls on head nor rocks on the helmet. But the fit is great for my head. It is comfy to to wear for 8 hrs. I really like combination of the foam and hard plasitc. Shock absorbing and fall protection in same package. Only drawback is the color, i got blue which is quite lame blue imo.