$3.02 worth of credit back
Mammut El Cap
The climbing helmet with style – the El Cap’s stylish design leaves no excuse for not wearing a helmet when climbing. A hardshell helmet with a small visor and narrow design, the El Cap creates a completely new look. Coming a close third most hot looking helmet in WeighMyRack's comparison test, à la Hot or Not, from tens of thousands of votes and 144 helmets. In technical terms, the hybrid helmet consists of a robust outer shell combined with an innovative 2K-EPS core (two styrofoam layers of different thicknesses are combined in the Conehead method) to ensure maximum absorption and the highest possible safety. It will be more durable than most of the lightweight foam helmets on the market. It features headlamp attachment points. It is comfortable enough for all-day wear, and has some nice padding around the forehead. The V-yoke for the chin strap is adjustable, and the buckle is small and sits on the side of your chin, not directly underneath which is a plus. It has many ventilation openings and has a slider bar for adjustability to give a perfect fit making it extremely comfortable to wear, and the sun visor is a very practical and unique feature if you climb in sunny locations.
If you are in the 56 or 57 cm range, we'd recommend the larger over the smaller size.
• Robust plastic hard shell in progressive design
• New 2K EPS core for improved damping properties
• 12 ventilation openings for optimum climate comfort
• Ergonomic interior with pleasant padding
• Lightweight and easy adjustable headband for quick adjustment
• Headband adjustable in height and size
• Full-length, fully adjustable chin strap for optimum grip
• 4 headlamp clips
• EN standard 12492
1 product review
+ Light and comfortable
+ It feels it can take a hit, pretty solid
+ The suncap works better then expected
- Unfortunately the outer shell scratches easily
- Because the adjustable headband folds into the helmet, you need to adjust the headband every time you take the helmet out of the rucksack.