Petzl Ange Finesse
The Petzl Ange Finesse quickdraw is super light and ideal for use on bigger multi-pitch routes. Equipped with the Ange S and Ange L carabiners, the Petzl Ange Finesse can thank its feather-like nature to its H profile and MonoFil Keylock technology, optimising its strength to weight ratio. Each biner is attached by the new Finesse Dynemma sling to increase durability, while the String technology helps to correctly position the rope end 'biner for quick and efficient clipping, as well as protecting the webbing from wear and tear. A solid quickdraw that won't weigh you down, and will do the business on those more adventurous routes.
|WEIGHT||63g - 78g|
|SLING LENGTH||10cm // 17cm|
|MAJOR AXIS STRENGTH||S: 20kN / L: 22kN|
|MINOR AXIS STRENGTH||S: 7kN / L: 7kN|
|OPEN GATE STRENGTH||S: 9kN / L: 10kN|
Petzl Ange Finesse Key Features
Ultra-lightweight and durable quickdraw:
- ultra-light ANGE carabiners with MonoFil gate
- lightweight and compact FINESSE quickdraw sling. The ergonomic shape makes it easier to grab
- size and strength/weight ratio of the carabiner are optimized, thanks to its specific profile and the H-shaped cross-section
- the MonoFil Keylock gate ensures smoother opening and closing of the carabiner and a much longer lifetime compared to traditional wire gate carabiners
Efficient to use:
- the deflector works with the shape of the carabiner to promote proper positioning of the carabiner on the major axis, and helps with clipping
- the tabs on the bottom of the carabiner help keep the STRING in place to better align the quickdraw sling along its major axis
- the STRING quickdraw sling protector helps maintain the proper orientation of the carabiner and protect the carabiner attachment loop from wear
Available in four versions to meet a variety of user needs:
- ultra-light version: 10 cm sling with two ANGE S carabiners
- compact version for managing rope drag: 17 cm sling with two ANGE S carabiners
- compact version for easier clipping: 17 cm sling with one ANGE S carabiner on the anchor end and one ANGE L carabiner on the rope end
- ergonomic version for easier clipping: 17 cm sling with two ANGE L carabiners
6 product reviews
I was looking for some lightweight quickdraws mainly for trad, alpine or ice / mixed routes and after checking several of those I ended up with Ange Finesse. My configuration is S+L 17cm one. My other quickdraws destined for the same use as my new Ange have quite soft dog bone and when tired on eg. ice routes I don’t want to fiddle with carabiner, but to clip it ASAP. I really like Spirit for sport routes, but they are heavy and bulky for anything other and Ange Finesse brings that sturdy feel without weight penalty. I tried S carabiner as the clip one in the past, but since I have big hands L one is much better as the rope carabiner. S one is more than good for the bolt or protection piece connection to get that extra weight savings. Interestingly, I’ve put on the scale my other trad quickdraw and although significantly smaller than Ange Finesse it was 1g heavier. My hats off to the Petzl engineers for the great job.
The carabiners are great for clipping though a knot to make it easier to untie. Nice quickdraws for use in the alpine. Would be great if they'd also have an option with a 60cm sling.
Light and good drawings
Light, easy to clip, smooth and solid.
Amazing quickdraw...light and easy to clip. really nice in multi-pitch alpine routes where you bring a backpack and you need to trust in good and light equipment....