Wild Country Friend Set 1, 2, 3
The Wild Country Friend Set contains sizes 1, 2, and 3 of the original camming device. The constant cam angle of 13.75 degrees remains at the heart of the New Friends' design, and modern features make it the most complete cam available. Hollow axles are stiffer and reduce weight, an extendable sling allow you to carry fewer quickdraws, and the thumb loop facilitates placing and removing. After 38 years of development it is still a friend.
|STRENGTH||12 kN / 10 kN (Sling Doubled / Sling Extended)|
|FRIEND 1||123 g / 31.7 - 53.6 mm|
|FRIEND 2||142 g / 41.5 - 69.3 mm|
|FRIEND 3||192 g / 52.7 - 88 mm|
• At its core the 13.75 constant cam angle provides the axis around which future climbers will place their trust
• Hollow axles (Patented) are stiffer for less weight
• Wide, skimmed lobes grip better yet are kinder on the rock
• New 12mm dyneema is agile and easily extended, saving time and the weight of having to use a quickdraw on each
• The only twin axle cam that combines the convenience and comfort of a thumb loop with the speed and utility of an extendable sling.