The lightweight Petzl Reverso is a mega versatile belay device designed for multi-pitch climbing and mountaineering. Compared to the previous Reverso 4, it's 2 grams lighter, has a larger rope capacity and smoothed off, higher edges decreases wear and improves longevity. Reverso mode provides assisted-braking while belaying one or two seconding climbers from the top of a pitch. It accommodates most rope diameters and the specific design of the rope slots allows the rope to glide smoothly and for comfortable lowering.
|ROPE COMPATIBILITY||single ropes 8.5 to 10.5 mm, half ropes 7.1 to 9.2 mm and twin ropes 6.9 to 9.2 mm|
|RECOMMENDED USE||Mountaineering, multi-pitch climbing|
At a Glance
Multipurpose and easy to use:
- classic belay technique with both hands on the rope
- ropes glide smoothly through the device
- can be used for rappels
- Reverso mode for belaying one or two seconds; commonly used on multi-pitch climbs
- independent and simultaneous belaying of two seconds in Reverso mode
- while belaying in Reverso mode, a carabiner placed in the release hole allows the belayer to give slack when the device is under tension
- rope installation diagrams for belaying and Reverso mode are engraved on the device
Adapted to a broad range of rope diameters:
- V-shaped friction grooves enable controlled braking
- compatible with dynamic single ropes 8.5 to 10.5 mm (11 mm possible, depending on the rope's suppleness)
- compatible with dynamic half ropes 7.1 to 9.2 mm
- compatible with dynamic twin ropes 6.9 to 9.2 mm
Durable and lightweight:
- the rounded design of the rope slots limits wear and extends the life of the device
- compact and lightweight: only 57 g
4 product reviews
not a lot to say, it is a petzl reverso.
they have earned their place a long time a go, and this one is no exception.
I got this device because I had trouble with my bd atc guide unclipping my dmm safety carabiner wd hen belaying. Because the loop on the pezl is shorter it can't hit the plastic fastener on the carabiner. This makes it a lot easier to lower my partner when belaying. I like it a lot more than my atc guide.
Classic, can’t fault it
This is my go to ATC, I have owned a few now. I love how efficient and safe this ATC is. Belaying off the anchors in the 'Reverso mode" is a game changer and found this so handy on long multi pitches.