Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
Petzl GriGri Belay Device
New for 2019, the Petzl GrIGri is a streamlined amalgamation of the GriGri 2 and the GriGri+. Designed for climbing at the crag or at the climbing wall, the Petzl GriGri allows for superior rope control and extra smooth lowering thanks to its compact, smooth design. So how is it different to the GriGri 2 and the GriGri+? Essentially it takes the camming unit from the GriGri+ but doesn't include the extra safety features. Updates include a lower-profile thumb catch, bigger rope capacity, user diagrams engraved on the inside and outside of the plate, as well as a space to write your name. The result is a versatile, lightweight belay device with superior lowering properties. It's exceptionally smooth and the perfect upgrade for climbers who're used to belaying with a GriGri 2.
|MATERIALS||aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle|
|ROPE CAPACITY||8.5 to 11 mm single rope|
|RECOMMENDED USE||Sport climbing, gym climbing, trad and multi-pitch climbing|
At a Glance
Belay device with assisted braking, compatible with a broad range of single rope diameters, for both gym and crag:
- feeding slack and catching falls are done using standard belay techniques; always keep a hand on the brake-side of the rope
- the assisted braking function is activated when a climber falls, the device pivots, the rope tightens and the cam pinches and blocks the rope. Holding the brake side of the rope helps engage the cam, therefore it is important to always hold the brake side of the rope
- compatible with dynamic single ropes 8.5 to 11 mm, optimised for 8.9 to 10.5 mm
- rope installation diagram engraved on both the interior and exterior of the device
Exceptional comfort during descents:
- the ergonomic handle allows you to easily lower someone
- smooth descent control is achieved thanks to the progressive action of the cam
Designed for experienced belayers:
- simple to use for belaying both lead or top-rope climbers
- optimally balanced design: lightweight (175 g), compact and durable
27 product reviews
A more perfected version of the previous grigris. Lighter , smaller and just as easy to use.
The best belay device, i have used atc, smart, revo, click up, nothing beats grigri, once you mastered it. It is famous for a reason, ( i used to think a cheap atc is enough for the job, but, once i used few more times and once, your climb more, accidence might occur, and grigri saved my and my partner's life few times, ( once from a falling rock, my partner got hit and passed out, lucky grigri was holding me ) .
Classic belay device, most people at the crag are familiar with it so that they can safely belay you!
Great at giving slack if you know how to, locks up emideatly if you put wheigth on the break rope. The orange anodized aluminum is so good looking andthere is no slippage when it's locked up.
After a few months of use, along with Birdy, I can say that Birdy is better for me. GriGri is great but they did a perfect job at Beal. I would especially single out the feeling in my hands.