Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
Petzl GriGri Belay Device
New for 2019, the Petzl GrIGri is a streamlined amalgamation of the GriGri 2 and the GriGri+. Designed for climbing at the crag or at the climbing wall, the Petzl GriGri allows for superior rope control and extra smooth lowering thanks to its compact, smooth design. So how is it different to the GriGri 2 and the GriGri+? Essentially it takes the camming unit from the GriGri+ but doesn't include the extra safety features. Updates include a lower-profile thumb catch, bigger rope capacity, user diagrams engraved on the inside and outside of the plate, as well as a space to write your name. The result is a versatile, lightweight belay device with superior lowering properties. It's exceptionally smooth and the perfect upgrade for climbers who're used to belaying with a GriGri 2.
|MATERIALS||aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle|
|ROPE CAPACITY||8.5 to 11 mm single rope|
|RECOMMENDED USE||Sport climbing, gym climbing, trad and multi-pitch climbing|
At a Glance
Belay device with assisted braking, compatible with a broad range of single rope diameters, for both gym and crag:
- feeding slack and catching falls are done using standard belay techniques; always keep a hand on the brake-side of the rope
- the assisted braking function is activated when a climber falls, the device pivots, the rope tightens and the cam pinches and blocks the rope. Holding the brake side of the rope helps engage the cam, therefore it is important to always hold the brake side of the rope
- compatible with dynamic single ropes 8.5 to 11 mm, optimised for 8.9 to 10.5 mm
- rope installation diagram engraved on both the interior and exterior of the device
Exceptional comfort during descents:
- the ergonomic handle allows you to easily lower someone
- smooth descent control is achieved thanks to the progressive action of the cam
Designed for experienced belayers:
- simple to use for belaying both lead or top-rope climbers
- optimally balanced design: lightweight (175 g), compact and durable
22 product reviews
Best Devices hands down. Good for belay and rap.
Having used the older 2 and plus models I love this new version 3. It feeds a little easier for lead belaying and decent control is much better. Recommended!
This was my first experience with a belay device with assisted breaking and it definitely feels secure. Can recommend it to anyone, especially if you are climbing with less experience people.
Sin duda la mejor opción en cuanto aseguradores. En esta web encontré el mejor precio.
It's a grigri and does all the things you expect. But I find this model a bit of a pain to lead belay with when using a thicker rope and actually don't bother using my grigri for lead belay at all anymore because of this.
With thinner ropes it still works totally as expected and it is probably noted somewhere on rope thicknesses but the previous grigri's I've used didn't suffer from this with the exact same ropes.