LifeStraw Steel Water Filter
The Lifestraw Steel is a long-lasting personal water filtration system, allowing you to drink water from lakes, rivers and streams while you’re camping, trekking or at a remote bouldering spot. The Lifestraw Steel features an innovative two-way filtration system; a carbon capsule that filters out chemicals like chlorine, as well as some fertilisers and pesticides, and a hollow-fibre micro filter that filters out 99.9999% of bacteria and protozoa. The micro filter can filter up to 1000 litres of water and with non-regular use will last well over a year, while the carbon capsule is easily replaceable. All this in a compact, easily-transportable straw-like design - perfect for the wilderness camper, fast and light remote climber and multi-day trekker. The straw will let you know when it's reached the end of its life because it won't absorb any more water, however, the carbon capsule needs to be replaces around every three months.
|DIMENSIONS||21cm long, 3cm diameter|
|RECOMMENDED USE||Camping, trekking, climbing|
Full Features List
• Filters out 99.999% of bacteria and protozoa as well as some chemicals (like chlorine), pesticides and fertilisers
• Sturdy and durable design
• Replaceable activated carbon capsule (to be replaced every three months)
• Meets US EPA drinking water standards
• Requires no electrical power or batteries
• BPA free and contains no chemicals
• Food grade stainless steel meets US Food and Drug Administration regulations and standards
• No aftertaste: LifeStraw doesn’t use iodine or iodinated resin chemicals
• Hollow-core filtration system lasts well over a year and will stop absorbing water once it’s reached its limit.