Climbing Technology BE UP
The Climbing Technology BE UP is a versatile hot-forged belay/abseil device compatible with all ropes and types of climbing, boasting unique functions that no other device has or is capable of performing.
The Climbing Technology BE UP has everything you'd expect from a modern belay device - a lightweight a strong design, modular "V" notch braking system for enhanced control when belaying and descending, a shape that allows for seamless belaying of the leader - but the unique element of the BE UP is its ability to allow the auto-locking and independent belaying of two seconds. Effectively, whilst one free-hanging second is locked off, the other can be brought up, or lowered, completely independently and safely. Also works when leading with two ropes.
The BE UP is thus suitable for all belay/abseil situations but is highly effective and advantageous in guide mode and when belaying two seconds in the event of needing to make one person safe and focus completely on the other.
|ROPE SIZES||Single: Ø 8,5 ÷ 10,5 mm / Half-Twin: Ø 7,3 ÷ 9,0 mm|
• While belaying the leader on a multipitch route using two ropes, the BE UP lets you pay out one rope while the other is locked-off, the only such device that lets you do this.
• The unlocking of the rope and lowering of one free-hanging second, without difficulty, with twin or half Ø ≥ 7.3 mm ropes. BE UP is the only such device that lets you do this, simply by inserting a normal HMS carabiner in the unlocking hole.
• The bringing-up of one or two seconds with auto-locking, and each second being belayed independently of the other (in guide mode). The BE UP‘s special shape and the attachment ring built into the body allow you to bring up one or two seconds using twin or half ropes with Ø ≥ 7.3 mm. You can continue to bring-up one second while the other is hanging with their rope locked-off in the BE UP.
• Effective belaying of the leader. The particular shape of the BE UP‘s body allows rope to be paid out fluidly, rapidly and without jams or twists.
• Effective, modular braking of the rope: the “V” notches are specially designed to guarantee better braking control when arresting a fall, abseiling or bringing up seconds;
• Rapidly switching from taking-in (guide mode) to belaying the leader, for leading through.
Light, extremely functional form, for the highest performance;
Hot-forged body for strength;
Attachment ring is part of body, easily identified to prevent errors of attachment;
Plasticised steel cable, so you can‘t drop the BE UP and to limit its movement during belaying.