Scarpa Chimera Climbing Shoe
The Scarpa Chimera is a uniquely designed climbing shoe designed to be the most precise bouldering shoe on the market. Taking its name from the hybrid creature of Greek mythology, the Scarpa Chimera features Vibram XS Grip 2 for maximum grip, an elongated toe patch for toe hooking across the entire length of the shoe, and a vacuum lacing system for a totally secure fit. But its really interesting characteristic, unusually, is the design of its inner panel.
On the shoe’s inner, a large, seamless, morphic big-toe panel has been placed. This keeps the foot’s power firmly focussed through the big toe, and its smooth surface area avoids discomfort and uneven pressure points. The footbed uses a bi-lateral stitching that allows the shoe to move and flex with the foot as it changes under pressure. This combined with the strategically placed synthetic and natural fibers of the footbed gives the shoe give and compression where its needed, resulting in consistent overall power of the foot across all climbing moves.
Being a microfibre upper, it this shoe will offer the absolute minimum amount of stretch.
|Upper material|| |
|Closure type|| |
|Sizing and fit|| |
Yellow / Vivid Blue
|Sole material|| |
Vibram XS Grip 2
|Sole thickness|| |
Vibram XS Grip2™
Rubber compound built for pure friction, recommended for use where maximum grip is the primary need - bouldering and sport climbing, indoor climbing, or extremely smooth, polished routes.
Full Features List
• Synergistic design for the ultimate shoe in terms of sensitivity
• Unique lacing system provides a suction style fit with no dead spaces
• Elongated toe patch creates a large surface area for toe-hooking
• SRT Rand is oversized and encompasses the upper portion of the toe box for the full-range of toe-hooking capability
• PCB Tension System transfers power from the toe to the heel giving the shoes a sock like feel with power and sensitivity
• New PCB sole is designed to increase edging ability when climbing vertically