Five Ten Gambit VCS Climbing Shoe
The Five Ten Gambit VCS is a flat, neutral-last climbing shoe with high-friction rubber and velcro closures designed for comfort and function on longer climbs and foot-friendly support for strengthening beginner's feet. Featuring Five Ten's tried-and-tested Stealth® C4™ Rubber (used on most of their high-end shoes), the Five Ten Gambit VCS has a high amount of friction suitable for all types of climbing, but will excel at smearing on blank slabs and barely there holds. A low heel tension and stiff midsole give the foot solid support to minimise fatigue on longer climbs as well as provide edging performance. A perforated Ariaprene tongue is designed for breathability and to keep your feet cool and dry on longer, warmer climbs, and the leather upper is lined with cotton to ensure a comfortable, no-stretch fit.
The Five Ten Gambit VCS is an ideal all-round shoe, with comfort and support for multipitch or trad climbs and a high-friction rubber that will excel at vertical slab climbing. Great for beginners who are looking for comfort and support, or for intermediates after performance on longer climbs.
The lined leather upper will stretch about a half a size, so remember to size appropriately.
|Upper material|| |
|Closure type|| |
|Sizing and fit|| |
|Sole material|| |
Stealth C4 Rubber
|Sole thickness|| |
Stealth® C4™ Rubber
A high-friction rubber used on the majority of Five Ten’s shoes due of its all-round performance and versatility. Five Ten first debuted this rubber on the original approach shoe, the Five Tennie, in 1985, and since then Stealth rubber has always been developed by Five Ten themselves in direct conjunction with their shoes, unlike other shoe manufacturers who outsource their rubber. The result is a rubber that works with your shoe harmoniously.
Full Features List
• Designed to fill the gap between the comfort of the Rogue and the more advanced Anasazi line, delivering performance comfort and support for beginners and intermediates alike
• Stealth® C4™ Rubber is extremely versatile
• Dual-strand velcro closure system for easy on/offs and a securer fit of the foot
• Rounded toe box increases rock contact surface area for improved smearing
• Lined leather upper for minimal stretch
• Moulded thermoplastic midsole is stiff for a high level of foot support