Five Ten Anasazi Blanco Climbing Shoe
The Five Ten Anasazi Blanco is back by popular demand, and, amazingly, Five Ten have worked their magic to produce a climbing shoe with even greater edging performance than the precision powerhouse that was the original Blanco.
Five Ten have taken everything that made the original Anasazi Blanco loved and renowned - its last, asymmetric shape, Stealth® C4™ rubber, high-tension heel rand - then added a few effective features to bring it into the modern age of climbing. The new Blanco has a thermoplastic midsole that is stronger and stiffer, increasing edging stability and control whilst also helping to prevent deformation, allowing the shoe to retain its shape and performance characteristics after hard, intensive use. For warmer days and longer climbs, a perforated upper has been utilised to add breathability and help prevent feet from sweating out. Finally, the eye stay now has a welded construction for a sleeker shoe that's less inclined to fraying from scrapes on rock, spoiling your favourite edging tool. Precise and powerful, this shoe is like no other when it comes to micro holds and edges, and the most insecure, untrustworthy, fickle footholds.
The Blanco features a lined synthetic upper, so expect the minimum amount of stretch.
|Upper material|| |
|Closure type|| |
|Sizing and fit|| |
Asymmetric Toe Box
|Sole material|| |
Stealth C4 Rubber
|Sole thickness|| |
Stealth® C4™ Rubber
A high-friction rubber used on the majority of Five Ten’s shoes due of its all-round performance and versatility. Five Ten first debuted this rubber on the original approach shoe, the Five Tennie, in 1985, and since then Stealth rubber has always been developed by Five Ten themselves in direct conjunction with their shoes, unlike other shoe manufacturers who outsource their rubber. The result is a rubber that works with your shoe harmoniously.
Full Features List
• Focus on edging performance
• High-tension heel rand directs power through the toe box, great for edging
• Stealth® C4™ rubber outsole (4mm) is versatile, for all types of climbing
• Lace closure system allows for a secure fit across a variety of different foot types
• Lined, synthetic upper has minimal stretch
• Thermoplastic midsole is anti-deformation, maintaining the shoe's performance characteristics over time
• Asymmetric toe box to direct power through the big toe
• Suitable for edging, sport climbing, technical trad climbing, and bouldering