Evolv Shaman 2 Climbing Shoe
The Evolv Shaman is the centrepiece of the Chris Sharma Signature Series, designed for the high-end boulderer and sport climber. Evolv say that the new Shaman retains the legendary performance of the previous model, and they haven’t taken anything away, just added and improved. For better toe-hooking, the straps have been moved further up the shoe to make room for a larger toe patch. The front strap has also been inset to allow for better side toe scumming and to reduce wear and tear. Generally, the fit has been improved, particularly so around the heel which now has better “suction”, and in the toe’s metatarsal area where side windows have been placed to allow the foot to spread during high pressure, powerful movements.
If the old Shaman fit your toes perfectly, so will the new ones. Evolv recommend that due to the increased sensitivity of the Shamans, many are sizing these down a half size from the previous version.
|Upper material|| |
|Closure type|| |
|Sole material|| |
TRAX Rubber 4.2 mm
Used by Chris Sharma himself, TRAX® climbing shoe rubber manufacturer say they focus two things: traction (friction and grip) and hardness/durability. As the world’s best climber says, “Trax Rubber has the perfect blend of stickiness and durability for climbing of all types. Whether I am on a granite slab or an overhanging sport route, I have total confidence in every foot placement.” TRAX® has also introduced a number of eco-initiatives over the years, which you can learn more about from their website.
Full Features List
• Chris Sharma’s signature high-performance shoe
• Love Bump/Knuckle Box puts the toes in a position of power and removes dead spaces
• Improved fit over the previous Shaman for more comfort, precision, and power
• Added toe rubber creates a large area for toe-hooking
• Inset front strap for better medial side toe scumming
• Variable Thickness Rand uses thinner rubber in high pressure areas and thicker rubber in high-wear zones for better comfort and durability