Alien Cams Alien REVOLUTION Double Sling
The Alien REVOLUTION Cam is the new, updated version of the classic thin crack protection device, now with a double sling, 20% weight reduction, and higher strength. The new Alien REVOLUTION Cam is an upgrade of its predecessor, including new design features that improve upon its already well-known ability to excel in small, thin cracks to make a much more reliable and trustworthy camming device.
The Alien REVOLUTION Cam features a narrower, riveted head to reduce its profile size. Not only does this reduce the weight of the cam for a lighter carry on your rack, it allows it to fit into even smaller cracks and placements making it much more versatile when on route. The thumb trigger now has a rubber thumb plate, and the finger trigger is curved, making it more comfortable and easier to use.
The new cam retains its highly flexible stem that reduces the force exerted upon the cam's head to stop it from walking whilst in the crack. A stronger aluminium cable has been used to increase strength, the trigger wires are easily replaceable if they become damaged, and the double sling can be used normal length or extended to reduce rope drag or for safer placements in deep cracks.
Alien cams excel in thin cracks, pin scars, and technical placements, and on big wall climbs. They are well known for their ability to get into awkward spots, and now the latest version can do that better, whilst also being stronger, lighter, and easier to use, for faster, more efficient, and better protected climbing.
|WEIGHT||[3/8] 48 g|
|OPENING (MIN-MAX)||[3/8] 0.39 - 0.67 in / 10 - 17 mm|
|STRENGTH||[3/8] 6 kN|
Full Features List
• 20% weight reduction
• Riveted axle reduces head with, improving upon the cam's already well-known ability to fit into small cracks and flares
• Double Dyneema sling for extended placements to reduce rope drag or for deep cracks
• Ergonomic rubber thumb pull is easy to handle
• Stronger aluminium cable swage increases overall strength compared to old cams
• Aluminium trigger components
• Replaceable steel trigger wires won't fray (you can head to http://fixehardware.com/shop/ for replacement parts)