The Petzl Macchu is a fully-featured children’s sport climbing harness identical to an adult's in design and features except with full adaptability to younger climber’s growth.
The waistbelt and leg loops of the Petzl Macchu are designed with a range of adjustment options so that the harness grows with the child, so there’s no need to keep buying new harnesses after every growth spurt. For comfort and support, ENDOFRAME technology (the same that appears on Petzl's adult harnesses) provides smart weight distribution of the climber. This combined with no compression or friction points on the waistbelt ensures a much greater degree of comfort, so the user can focus on climbing and not become distracted or perturbed by any annoying pinches or pains. The Macchu is for kids who take climbing seriously and want a comfortable harness that will last over the span of their growth and climbing progression.
|MATERIAL(S)||Nylon, polyester, EVA, polyurethane, steel|
|CERTIFICATION(S)||CE EN 12277 type C, UIAA|
A dual webbing frame with anatomically shaped waistbelt and leg loops to distribute weight more evenly across the entire harness. More comfortable during multipitch and hanging belays, and more forgiving during hard falls.
Macchu Key Features
• Range of adjustment options to cater for the growing child
• No compression points or friction zones on the waistbelt because there are no crossing seams
• Tie-in points: two DoubleBack buckles at the waistbelt for systematic centering of the tie-in point
• Colored connection loop for quick visual check of belayer's connection point
• Two rigid equipment loops at the front for easy and quick access to equipment
• Rear buckle for attaching chalkbag
• Detachable leg loop elastics