Petzl Mambo 10.1mm
The Petzl Mambo 10.1mm single rope is the ideal choice for gym or crag climbing thanks to it's generous diameter. With a thicker sheath, the Petzl Mambo 10.1mm is more durable and allows for better control of the rope, as well as being more hardwearing against any abrasions. Great for beginner climbers who are becoming acquainted with rope use, the Mambo 10.1mm also has an UltraSonic finish, meaning that the core and sheath have been bonded together at the rope ends which helps the rope last longer. There is also a clear indicator in the middle of the rope to help climbers evaluate rope length for manoeuvres. A rope that's strong, sturdy, and nice n' wide.
|WEIGHT PER METER||65g|
|NUMBER OF FACTOR 1.77 FALLS||7|
Petzl Mambo 10.1mm Key Features
Diameter appropriate for gym or crag use
Greater longevity and ease of use:
- thick sheath provides excellent abrasion resistance
- UltraSonic Finish: the core and the sheath are bonded together at the rope ends by an ultrasonic process called UltraSonic Finish; gives greater durability and avoids frayed ends
- ClimbReady coil: specific coil makes the rope ready for use; helps the user avoid initial uncoiling mistakes and increases longevity
More effective belaying:
- low static and dynamic elongation
- diameter facilitates belay device usage
- Middle Mark: indicates the middle of the rope to facilitate maneuvers
- EverFlex treatment: special thermal treatment stabilizes the core strands and improves consistency; offers excellent grip and consistent handling over time
The Petzl TANGO 8.5 climbing rope has a core and the sheath that have been bonded together at the rope ends by an ultrasonic process called UltraSonic Finish. Such a treatment helps to give increased durability to the rope, as well as helping the rope to avoid getting any dreaded frayed ends.